say the name

Jieun and Hendery were sitting at the entrance of the woods, her back leaning on the tree and her eyes closed. He was laying on the grass not too far away and looking at the bright sky. "How do you think you will find him?"

"Not sure. Maybe if I go and jump under a car he would appear?"

"Try something more safe. Please."

"Let me ask Taeri." She said and fished out her phone, dialing her cousin's number. "Konichiwassup?" She said after picking up and Jieun chuckled. "Hey, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"How do I find my guardian angel?"

"Well, you can call him or text him, you can get in danger, search for him in hopes of finding him or you can just try to find his frequency and tell him to meet you."

"Oh, thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

She finished the call and dropped her phone on the floor next to her. "Do you have a guardian angel?" She asked Hendery and he shrugged. "Not that I know of. It's rare for a vampire to have a guardian angel."

She hummed slightly and hugged her knees close to herself. "Let me try finding Chenle."

Jieun closed her eyes and thought of the angel. "Jieun?" She heard a voice say. "Chenle!!"

"Oh, you found out how to communicate with me?"

"I guess but that's not the point. I need to talk to you."

"Sure, I'll be there in a bit."

She opened her eyes and let out a breathe. "He'll be here soo-" Her sentence was cut the moment the boy appeared in front of the two of them, white wings spreading behind him. "Hey guys." Chenle smiled at them and sat on the grass next to Jieun, pulling his wings back into his back.

"Hey, thanks for coming." Jieun said while moving herself up a bit so they were at the same height. "Well, I'm going now. I don't want to bother you guys." Hendery said as he stood up while her lips formed a frown. "No, please do stay." She said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then." He said and slowly sat down on his place again. "So, what did you want to talk about?" Chenle asked after the two finished and Jieun quickly turned towards him. "The picture I took from my house," She started and the younger boy slowly nodded his head. "You were in it, weren't you?"

"Yeah."

"So, you must know something about my past." She quickly asked.

"I do, most of it." Chenle nodded his head.

"How come you are my guardian angel? I mean we are the same age." Jieun raised a brow and looked at him.

"That's a story for another time." He sighed, moving his legs closer to his chest.

"Oh, okay then. What about my mother? She was an angel, right?" She felt Hendery staring at her but she decided to ignore it.

"Yeah."

"And my father was a vampire." She added.

"Yes, their relationship was a secret at first but after some time your grandfather sent somone to follow your father and it was exposed." The younger boy explained and Jieun nodded, taking in the information.

"And Taeri's mother is my mother's sister? So that means she's also an angel, right? Taeri is also an angel, that's why she knows a lot about angels and soulmates and she also loathes vampires.

Well, her father and brother are werewolves and those have a long history so that may be the reason why she doesn't like vampires." Jieun ranted out and Chenle laughed. "You really are smart. Yes, Taeri is an angel."

"Oh, I knew I'm an amazing detective! I just have to confirm that Ten and her are soulmates."

"Yeah, good luck with that." Chenle said with a chuckle and she pouted. "I'm going to prove it sooner or later."

"But wait, if angel-vampire relationships aren't allowed how come God puts them as soulmates?" Hendery spoke from behind Jieun, making her turn around towards him. "Yeah, I was just about to ask that."

"Well, I'm not sure about it but in my opinion, God knows that not all vampires are bad and seriously you can't stop real love." His eyes moved from Hendery to Jieun. "But also not all angels are good, that's why fallen ones exist."

"Why were my mother's wings supposed to be removed?" She asked and Chenle looked at her. "I think it's because they hid their relationship. God doesn't love secrets."

"I don't like secrets either." Jieun mumbled. "Well, any other questions?" Chenle asked and Jieun thought a bit. "You Hendery? Do you have any questions?"

Hendery bit his lower lip and nodded his head. "Can we talk in private tho?" Chenle nodded slightly while Jieun glared at him. "Oh, stealing my guardian angel, I see.." She shook her head and Hendery stuck out his tongue at her.

Chenle got up and moved towards the other boy. Jieun sighed and picked a daisy from the ground. She started spinning it through her fingers, remembering the days when her parents were still alive. A tear slipped down her cheek but she quickly removed it before the two came back and saw her crying.

"Don't be a weak bitch." She said to herself and laughed slightly. Her head turned towards the two standing a little bit further away, not too far but far enough for her not to hear their conversation.

A few moments later they got up and walked back towards her. "Did you answer all his questions?" She asked Chenle while crossing her arms. "He did. Thanks Chenle." Hendery said and Chenle smiled. "Anytime."

"But tell me, do you have any questions?" Chenle asked Jieun and she slowly nodded. "Do ask, I'll do my best answering but let me tell you that I have to go back to Heaven before seven or else I'll be hungry."

Hendery laughed, knowing the struggle of being late to breakfast/dinner while Jieun bit the inside of her cheek. "Okay." She took a deep breathe in. "Are you my brother?"

✍︎

OMG Chenle is Jieun's brother?👁👄👁

1028 words