forty two

"Hey Mashiho!" Lian yelled after her best friend, making him turn around. "What's up?" He smiled at her and she awkwardly stood in front of him. "The guys asked me to go with them to Ncity as they're celebrating Yangyang's crowning.

Is this outfit okay?" She asked and made a turn. He nodded his head and showed her thumbs up. "Have fun and don't come late." He said and walked away. Lian smiled and teleported to the town. "Hey Lian!!" She heard a voice from behind her, making her turn around.

"Oh hey Taeri." She smiled at the older girl who then linked their arms and they entered the cafe together. "The boys will be late for a bit, they have some business to take care of."

Lian let outa soft 'oh' and smiled at the girl. Haru followed after them, taking their orders and walking back to her work place. "Let's talk until they come, okay?"

The younger nodded her head and looked at her. "You look cute today."

"Thank you. I got this from Chenle for Christmas last year and it's the first time I'm wearing it." She explained and the older nodded. "I helped him choose it." Taeri said and she raised her head. "Really?"

"Yeah, he said it was for a special person and that it must look good. Luckily fashion is my middle name." She said and did a hairflip. "Woah, thank you! It's really nice."

"Anytime. Now tell me, do you remember anything from your past life?"

"No, I just remember waking up in heaven, nothing before that. It's all just blank."

"Oh, that's sad. I hope you remember one day."

"Me too. But, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure, go ahead."

"I've started getting these weird visions and they're making me worried."

"Like what?"

"It first happened on the day Hendery and I went out to get coffee and he mentioned Jieun, he started crying so I hugged him but at the moment I did so I had a vision of what I think was him and her?"

"Did you see more of these?" Taeri asked and Lian nodded. "Yeah, I see at least one vision every day. I saw a vision of you and her in a cafeteria and a few more."

"Thats is weird, I'll talk to Mark about it."

"AyO, AYoOo!!" Lucas yelled as the six of them entered the place. "SHhhHHhhHhh!!!" Haru yelled at him to be quiet and he raised his hands in surrender. "Sorry."

"Hey, um, yeah. Can you guys quiet down for just a tiny bit?" The waitress asked them and Jieun smiled at her. "Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am."

"Please call me Haru." She smiled at her and walked back towards the counter. "And that's how you get a girl's name." Jieun winked at Hendery who was still confused on what was happening.

She shook her head as she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah." Lian smiled at Yangyang who sat down next to her. "Congratulations." She shook his hand and he chuckled. "Thanks. I've been taking care of the kingdom since I was like fourteen so I don't find it a big deal."

"Oh, I see." She nodded her head and turned to look at the rest of them. "Huh, where's Hendery?" She asked as she didn't see him and the rest shrugged. "He said he'd come after us, he had to take care of something."

"Oh okay."

They continued talking about all and everything and just had fun like they always do. However it's been an hour and Hendery still didn't came which made Lian feel worried. "Guys, I'm going to check if Hendery is alright."

The rest nodded their heads and continued chatting. She thought of Hendery and teleported to where she felt him. She opened her eyes and looked around. "Huh?"

The girl furrowed her eyebrows and walked around for any sight of the familiar boy. As she was walking a branch hit her and she yelped slightly. "Ouch." She moved the branch away and continued walking.

A small gasp left her mouth as she saw the boy standing in the forest all by himself. "Hendery?" She called out for him and he turned his head to look at her.

"Is everything alright?" She asked and he nodded his head slowly. "I was running to the town but I saw a deer jumping towards here. I felt the urge to follow him so I did and I came here." He explained as tears formed in his eyes.

"This is where I asked Jieun if she wanted to be my girlfriend." Lian slowly nodded and walked towards him. "They laughed at me for asking her here but nonethless she said yes and that's the only thing that mattered."

"Oh why did they laugh? This seems like a nice place." The girl furrowed her eyebrows and Hendery chuckled. "She killed two men before that."

"Oh, that makes sense. But if you guys really like each other then it doesn't matter at what moment you ask her. Right?" She asked and he nodded his head.

"You know, on the day Jieun found out Chenle was her brother I asked him a question." He started and Lian raised her head slightly to look at him.

"I asked him if I had a guardian angel." He smiled as he put his hands on her shoulders and her mouth fell agape slightly. "What did he answer?"

"He told me that he doesn't know, but, let me be honest," The boy said and walked closer to the angel. "I feel like Jieun was my guardian angel. She was always there for me and I'm sure she's watching over me wherever she is now." He looked at the sky, smiling slightly.

"The sky looks so pretty." Lian said and Hendery nodded his head. "Now with you here, maybe Jieun wasn't my guardian angel?" He said while the girl stood silent. She wasn't the type to talk a lot or have some wise words to say.

His eyes moved to her neck where stood a long scar. "Did you hurt your neck?" He asked and she shrugged. "I was hit with a tree branch while walking here, maybe it's that."

Hendery moved his hand towards her neck and touched the wound. Vampires aren't attracted to angels' blood which is why he didn't smell it earlier. She let out a gasp and her eyes widened as she stood frozen on spot.

✍︎
L

ian's outfit

1087 words