twenty nine

"Hello and welcome to Ncity. What would you like to order?" A cute waitress asked the two as they took a seat in a cafe at the edge of the town.

It wasn't too crowded nor too empty, the mood was peaceful and calm. The music playing wasn't too loud, it was loud enough to be heard.

"I would like a hot chocolate and a brownie." Hendery said his order and the waitress nodded, turning her head towards Jieun. "Iced coffee and a chocolate muffin, please." She smiled at the girl as she wrote down her order.

"I'll be right back with your orders." The waitress said and left towards the counter. "This is a nice place." Hendery said and Jieun nodded, agreeing with him.

"Here are your orders." The waitress said as she placed the plates on their table. "That would be 20 dollars." Jieun reached for her wallet but at the time she took it, Hendery had already paid. "Thank you. Have a nice date!" She smiled at the two and walked towards next customers.

"You didn't have to pay though." She protested as her soulmate smiled at her. "Don't worry about it." He said as he took a sip of his drink

"But, you know what?" Jieun suddenly spoke up, making him look at her. "The waitress looked kinda hot." Hendery gasped and put a hand over his mouth. "You want to cheat on me again?"

"fUCK YOU MEAN AGAIN??" She yelled back at him, making other people look at them. "But yeah, she was hot." He agreed. "For real, for real."

And after that they sat in silence. "Why are we so awkward now?" Jieun asked with a slight laugh and Hendery shrugged. "So, how was your day?" He asked and she face palmed.

"No, let's not talk about usual topics. We need something extra because we're extra." She said while doing dramatic expressions and hand gestures. "Do you think you can shift into a shirt?"

He randomly asked and she clapped her hands together. "THAT'S THE REAL QUESTION!!" She slammed her hand on the table and stared at him. She stood like that for a few moments but nothing happened. "I can't. "

"Shame."

"For real, smh."

"Did you just say that out loud."

"Yeah, what you gon do?"

"I-"

"THAT'S RIGHT YOU AIN'T GON DO ANYTHING!"

"Hey, um, yeah. Can you guys quiet down for just a tiny bit?" The waitress asked them and Jieun smiled at her. "Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am."

"Please call me Haru." She smiled at her and walked back towards the counter. "And that's how you get a girl's name." Jieun winked at Hendery who was still confused on what was happening.

"Anyways," She started. "I'm sorry if you waited for too long."

"It's okay don't worry. I don't mind waiting for long." He said with a slight chuckle and Jieun gasped, hitting his shoulder slightly. "You heard me??"

"Yeah, since yesterday when I asked you out I've been hearing your thoughts the whole time." He explained and her eyes widened.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was fun hearing you panick because of this. You were cute. I mean you are cute." He said and she cried out, embarrased by what her soulmate had told her. "But how come you heard my thoughts and I haven't heard yours?"

"You've been thinking of me a lot." Hendery said, a little too confident and Jieun gasped. "Does that mean you don't think of me? CHEATER!!" She yelled, hitting his shoulder repeatedly.

"That's OUCH not what OUCH I meaNT OUCH THAT HURTS!" He cried out and the girl smiled in victory, patting the place she's been hitting. "It's okay, I'd rather have Xiao as my soulmate." She smiled at him and he instantly protested. "Woah woah woah HolD UP!!?" He moved his hands around.

"So you would really choose him over me?" He looked at her with teary eyes, a pout displayed on his lips. "Of course not, you idiot." She shook her head and Hendery sighed. "You're just saying that so I don't feel hurt."

"That's not true, you know I can't lie for shit."

"Maybe you're such a good liar that you're lying that you can't lie."

"Woah wait what the fuck did you just say?"

- - - - -✈︎

"Today was nice." Jieun said as she leaned her head onto his shoulder. Her eyes gazing at the starry sky displayed above them. "Yeah, we should go out more often."

"Yes, we should." She agreed.

"When I told you that I liked you even before finding out you were my soulmate I didn't lie." Hendery said and she turned her head too look at him. They were inches apart and she felt his hot breathe hit her face.

"Really?"

"Yeah." He smiled at her and she quickly looked away. She usually wasn't the shy type but Hendery made her feel different. She moved slightly closer to him and held his hand, intertwining their fingers.

Her action made him freeze. He knew she was bold but whenever she was with him she would become shy and embarrased at anything he would say. He opened his mouth to say something but words never left so he shut them closed.

"You're the one thinking too much now." She said as a small smile displayed on her lips. "Now you know how I felt." She raised her head to look at him.

Mesmerised by his beauty, she stood frozen. She knew he was handsome but looking at him up this close, her breathe was taken away. He stopped moving too, his eyes were staring deep into hers and her strawberry scented perfume filled his senses, making him go crazy.

"You remember when I came over to you room that day?" Hendery asked and Jieun slightly nodded her head. "The urge to kiss you never left my mind." He said as his eyes flashed from her eyes to her lips.

Her mind was blank, heart beating faster then ever as she stared at him. In a blink of an eye they moved closer to each other and closed the gap.

✍︎

1022 words