five

"Jieun, hurry up, it's almost breakfast time." Jieun heard a voice say from the other side of the doors and she mumbled a bit.  She slowly moved into a sitting position and stretched her limbs. "Jieun, you hear me?" He repeated and she yawned slightly.

"Yeah, thank you!" She moved the blankets off of her and moved her feet on the floor, making her way towards the bathroom to do her morning routine. After she was done she walked back to the room and changed into her school uniform.

Her phone suddenly rang and she quickly went to check who it was her face dropped and she turned off the sound, throwing her phone into her backpack and making her way out of the room with her backpack over one shoulder.

"Hey Jieun!!" One of the guys yelled as he made his way towards her, waving his hand at her happily. Jieun returned the smile and awkwardly waved back. "Oh, hi, um-"

"Ten!" He quickly finished her sentence and wrapped a hand around her shoulder, leading the way towards the dining room. "Oh, nice meeting you Ten." She smiled once again.

"Also, it's great that you found me because I still don't know my way around the castle, in fact I still don't think I even have a permission to be here." She rambled and Ten laughed slightly. "Don't worry, you're more than allowed to be here."

"Wh-" She was cut mid sentwnce as they entered a big hall with a long table in the middle. The place was filled with chatters and laughter but it all stoped once the two entered. Everyone stopped talking and looked at them, specifically her.

"Oh shit, wait." Ten said as he quickly moved her out of the room and took something out of his pocket. "Forgot to give you this." He chuckled and Jieun face palmed, knowing damn well she could have been already dead if she stood there a second more.

"How do you guys not have the urge to, you know, slam your fangs into my neck?" She asked awkwardly as Ten once again laughed. "Well, we go to the human world every day so we got used to smelling human blood while most of the people here spent years without leaving Vampdom."

"Makes sense."

"Let's go back inside now, it should have already taken effect." Ten said and they once again walked inside. They walked towards the rest and Jieun sat next to Yangyang while Ten sat between her and Xiaojun.

- - - - - -✈︎

It was lunch time and Jieun made her way towards cafeteria. She entered the big room and her eyes scanned over the place. In the corner she saw her best friend sitting and they made eye contact. The younger made her way towards where she was sitting, Taeri's mouth formed a small smile but her face dropped the moment Jieun took a quick turn towards the left and sat with the vampires.

A loud sigh left her mouth, she took her stuff and left the room. Jieun looked at her as she made her way out, biting her lip. One of the boys held her shoulder and gave her a small smile. "Don't worry, it will be alright." He whispered to her and she gave him a slight smile, turning her hand towards Yangyang who started telling her something.

They spent rest of the break while eating and sharing various stories.

After some time the bell rang, signaling start of the next next class. "I'll see you guys after school!" She waved at the seven boys and ran towards her Math class.

"She's so cute." One of the boys said and the other slapped the back of his head. "Lucas, get your shit together."

"Yeah, we came here with a mission."

They kept chatting as they made their way towards their classes, not knowing someone was eavesdropping their conversation.

"I knew something was off with you guys." The person said with a slight pout, furrowing his eyebrows.

- - - - - - -✈︎

Jieun just finished her classes and was on her way towards the entrance where she would wait for the boys. After looking around and seeing no sight of them she took a seat on a bench nearby and fished out her phone.

5 new messages from Taeri.

3 new messages from Taeyong.

15 new messages in Taeung💀.

43 missed calls in Taeung💀.

She sighed and opened the chat.

Taeyong

Taeyong:
What happened??

Taeyong:
Are you okay???

Taeyong:
Jieun pls reply:((

1 missed call from Taeyong

Taeyong:
Answer my calls please!!

Taeyong:
Please Jieun, we are
worried:(

Taeyong:
Why did you run off
like that?

Taeyong:
Taeri isn't telling
me anything

Jieun:
Typical

Taeyong:
Ohmygod Jieun!!

Taeyong:
Are you hurt??

Taeyong:
Do you want me to
pick u up:((

Jieun:
Lol, no need

Jieun:
I have a place
to stay and great people
surrounding me

Taeyong:
Where are you??

Jieun:
Currently? School

Taeyong:
Where are you staying?

Jieun:
Friend's

Taeyong:
Istg jieun we've lived
together since you were
4, i would've knew if u
had friends besides Taeri
and I

Jieun:
Ouch

Taeyong:
No, thats not what I meant-

Jieun:
You said it tho

Taeyong:
Look jieun, i just
want to know where you are
staying

Jieun:
I'm at vampdom

Jieun:
Happy??

Taeyong:
Didn't I tell you not
to talk to vampires???

Jieun:
Taeyong

Jieun:
I feel more safe
around them

Jieun:
than i feel around you

Jieun:
My parents were not killed
by vampires

Jieun:
They were killed by
men like you

Jieun:
That night, that cold night
three werewolves entered my
house and took their lives

Jieun:
I was there the whole time
looking at them, laying on the floor

Jieun:
Lifeless.

✍︎

956 words