six

Jieun sighed for the nth time today. "Ugh, I'm hungry." She mumbled to herself as she trew her pen on her book and stood up, the chair scratching the floor loudly. After stretching a bit she walked out of her room and towards god knows where.

She walked through the corridors, a sigh leaving her mouth after she realised she was lost. "Jieun..." She heard a faint voice say and she turned around towards the voice but nobody was there. "Jieun..."

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked around. "H-hello?" She stuttered out as her hearbeat fastened. "Jieun..." She slowly started walking towards the voice. Every step she made heavier than first. "Jieun..."

She turned around the corner and stopped in her tracks. Dead end. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Is it coming from behind the wall?" Jieun asked herself and walked closer to the wall, putting a hand on it and leaning in closer for any kind of sound on the other side.

The moment her hand touched the wall she heard a lout thump and the wall in front of her started moving. "Woah!!" She said in awe and after taking a look at her surroundings, walked inside. The wall closed after her and she let out a sigh. The space was empty, there was only big doors on the side. "It looks like a safe but, there's no lock?"

"Maybe it's the best I leave, I don't want to get in trouble." She mumbled to herself and walked back to the wall where she entered, leaning her hand on it. After it opened she looked around for sight of anyone and after seeing nobody was there she walked out and continued down the corridor like nothing happened.

"Jieun!!" She heard a familiar voice say from behind her so she stopped in her tracks and did a full 180° turn. "What are you doing here?" He asked her with a big smile on his face, slowly making his way towards her.

"I got lost." Jieun answered and the two started walking. "Oh, where were you going?

"Well, I was doing my homework but I couldn't concentrate so I went to find something to eat but like I said, I got lost." She smiled sheepishly and the other nodded in understanding. "You styled your hair?" She asked, looking slightly up as the other chuckled. "Yeah, I had a meeting with an old friend, in fact I just came back."

He explained as he ruffled his hair, letting it fall down. "I don't actually like it being up but Yangyang made me do it." Jieun laughed slightly. In the past few days she was hanging out with the boys she realised Yangyang loved to annoy the others.

"Wait, I never introduced myself." He said and stopped in his tracks, the other following the action. "I'm Kun."

"Nice to meet you Kun."

"Oh, do you need help with homework? I'm on top of my class." Kun said as they continued walking.

The younger nodded her head quickly as Kun put a hand around her shoulder, leading her towards her room.

---------✈︎

"Yangyang, why are you like this?" Jieun groaned as the older pulled her after him. "Come on, you need more friends!!" He said and she sighed. "Yangyang please." She stopped in her tracks, making the other stop too. "What's wrong?" He pouted, concern written over his face. "Can we go back? I don't want new friends."

He thought a bit but nodded soon afterwards. "I won't make you do what you don't want but," He showed her a big smile. "We are going to have a sleepover tonight!" She chuckled. "Sure."

"Oh, when is your birthday?" He asked as they made their way back into the castle. "In a few days? On Friday, I think." Jieun replied after thinking a bit.

"Oh, on 22nd?" Yangyang asked, making sure he got it right and she nodded. "Yeah!" Her face brightened and Yangyang returned the smile.

After a few moments they were back inside the castle. "Let's go get some snacks." He said and the girl followed after him like a lost puppy. "Oh hi Lucas!" He said as he saw one of the boys in the storage room. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"Just getting some snacks." Jieun said as she took the snacks from Yangyang while he took a bottle of coke and two glasses. "We're going to have a sleepover!!" The younger boy cheered and his cuteness brought a smile on her face.

"Then, I will not bother you anymore. Bye guys!" Lucas said and left the room. "What you waiting for? Let's go!" Yangyang said and lead the way towards his room.

"I'm sorry if my room is messy, the cleaning lady didn't come for some time."

"Maybe you should clean it by yourself?"

"Hahahah, good one!!

Wait you're serious?"

Jieun nodded her head as she put the snacks on a table in the corner. "It's not even a lot of work. You just have to bring all your clothes to the cleaning room and turn on the machine! Also, you could place your books on the shelves and not on the floor." She ended her speech with a face palm.

"I'm lazy though."

"I won't have a sleepover with you if you don't clean this. Now."

"Noooo~~" Yangyang whined and Jieun rolled her eyes. "Chop, chop!!" She said, trying to hurry the older. "Okay." He groaned and started putting his clothes on one place. "Cute." Jieun whispered to herself.

-------✈︎

"And then we fought because of that one girl." Yangyang finished his story and Jieun face palmed. "Seriously, what even do you see in her??"

"Blood." Yangyang said, making Jieun hit him. "Do you really want to date someone just to get their blood?"

"Yeah." He replied and she groaned, throwing herself back on the bed. "I do not approve."

"I'm just joking." He laughed while she just stared blankly at the ceiling. "Bet the others are going to be jealous because we had a sleepover without them." He said after calming down and laid down next to her.

She was silent so he looked at her. "What's on your mind."

"Everything but nothing at the same time."

"Deep."

"Shut up!!" She laughed.

"It's just, I miss my parents. I also miss Taeri and Taeyong. Ever since my parents died they took care of me."

"I'm sorry for your loss." Yangyang said and Jieun nodded slightly. "It's okay, they are long gone." A tear slipped down her cheek. Yangyang saw it and something in his heart broke. "Don't cry, please." He said and moved closer to her, engulfing her into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I just miss them very much. And this place really makes me feel like home, which I haven't felt in ages." She sobbed in his arms while he was silent and moved his hand through her hair in attempt to calm her down.

✍︎

1159 words