forty one

Lian sat on the grass near Hendery as he talked to his friends. Her head resting on her hands as she looked at the four boys.

The whole cafeteria showed in front of them, students were chatting about random stuff and the teachers stood at the doors to stop them if a fight broke out but the girl's vision was focused on the one bottle of water standing on a table next to their.

Ironically, the table was filled with guys who paid no attention to what was happening around them, at least everyone thought so. "Do you think I'll have powers?"

Lian shook her head and a loud sigh left her mouth. "I keep seeing these visions." She hugged her knees close to her chest and a pout displayed on her lips.

"Maybe I should tell Mark about it? He knows a lot about this kind of stuff." The girl thought and nodded slightly. "Yeah, I should ask him. I'll do it after school."

Just as she finished the sentence the bell rung and students went to their classes. She followed after Hendery and sat on the empty seat behind him, leaning her head on her hand.

Someone moved the chair next to her with a loud screech, making the girl turn her head around at the person. "Hey." The person said and Lian furrowed her eyebrows, looking around to see who the other was talking to.

"Lian, I'm talking to you."

"You can see me?" The younger asked with wide eyes and the girl next to her chuckled. "I'm a witch and I can see angels."

"You're a witch?"

"Yeah. I don't think, I've introduced myself. I'm Haru, Xiaojun's soulmate." Haru smiled at the girl and Lian shook her hand. "Nice to meet you Haru, I'm Lian, Hendery's guardian angel."

"Tell me Lian," She started. "How are you feeling?" The angel looked at her with wide eyes. "I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"I mean it must be burdensome to watch over a vampire."

"No, it's alright." She smiled and Haru nodded her head. "You weren't born an angel, right?"

"Yeah, I appeared in heaven a few years ago." Lian answered, moving her bangs slightly to the side. "So you died on earth?"

"Yeah, I don't actually know what happened. I just remember waking up in heaven." The younger explained and Haru hummed an okay. "Nice chat, I hope to see you around more." The older said before leaving the class alongside the other students.

- - - - -✈︎

"So, what do you think?" Hendery asked as he walked out of the bathroom in an all black outfit. Lian couldn't deny that he looked damn hot but her angel side made her word it a bit differently.

"It's amazing, it really fits you well." She smiled at him and he clapped his hands. "I'm just going to fix my hair and then I'm ready." He said and walked back into the bathroom.

Lian looked around the room and her eyes fell onto a box standing on top of the closet. It was wrapped into a pink paper with unicorns all over it. "What's in the box?" She asked Hendery the moment he walked out and a sigh left his mouth.

"It's something Yangyang and I got for Jieun's birthday but we never gave it to her." He explained as he took the box and handed it to Lian. "Can," She started. "Can I open it?" He nodded slightly and sat on his bed, next to the girl.

She slowly unwrapped the big box, making sure it doesn't rip and after taking a glance at the boy next to her she opened it. Inside was standing another box and a piece of red clothing. She took it out and looked at it in awe.

It was a red dress with elbow length sleeves. She neatly placed it back and looked at the box next to it. There stood a pair of beautiful black heels. She put them back and closed the box, wrapping it into the same pink paper, not forgetting to put a bow on the top.

"We bought it for her birthday but we changed our mind and were planning to give it to her on the day of her crowning. Sadly it won't happen now that she's gone." Hendery explained, trying his best not to tear up. A cat jumped on the bed next to him and nuzzled his head into his lap.

"Hey Louis." He smiled at the cat and he purred.

Suddenly there was a sudden puf heard next to her and a kitten walked toward her. "Woah!! Aren't you cute." She smiled at the cat as he purred in her arms. "Thank you Xiao, I always wanted a cat."

Lian held her head and a sigh left her mouth. "Is something wrong?" Hendery asked her and she shook her head. "No, everything is alright." She faked a smile and the other nodded his head. "I should go now, the ceremony is about to begin."

"I'll be watching somewhere in the crowd." The girl said and turned invisible. "See you later." He said and walked towards the big hall.

Lian stood in the room and sighed, putting her face in her hands. She felt a paw on her leg so she looked down, picking up the cat in her arms. "Louis, huh?"

She held the cat for a while but then decided it would be the best if she went after Hendery so she left the cat on the bed and teleported to the place where ceremony would take place.

Yangyang stood at the front with his head up. The rest of the boys stood in the front row, visibly happy for their best friend. A man walked closer to him and put a crown on his head, moving slightly to the side to show him to the rest of the people.

"Bow down for the king!" The man yelled and slowly everyone bowed. Lian followed the action even though she was invisible. A few moments later everyone raised and one by one they left the big hall, leaving Yangyang, his parents and the rest of the boys in the hall.

✍︎

1035 words