eight

Two days until her birthday. Jieun was laying on the couch, staring at the ceiling. Her head was filled with thoughts and worries. She has to find her guardian angel and ask for his name.

Those who find their guardian angel but don't find out their name before their birthday will never find their soulmate and their life will be unlucky. "Jieun..."

She heard the voice again and sighed. "I should really go see what's behind the doors." She mumbled to herself and stood up slowly. After a moment of thinking she made her way towards the familiar doors. "Jieun..."

She took a deep breathe in and knocked on the doors. "Come in!" A male voice said and she peeked in. "Yang, I need your help with something."

"Yeah, what is it?" He turned towards here with a slight smile. Jieun cleared her throat and walked in, closing the doors behind her. "Well, since I came here, I've been hearing this strange voice calling out for me." The moment she said that Yangyang's eyes widened and his face turned serious.

"Sit down. Tell me everything." He said and she obeyed, sitting down on the bed next to him. "I felt hypnotised by it, it felt like it was pulling me towards it. I decided to follow it and after some time of walking I came to a dead end."

"Jieun..." She heard the voice once again but she shook it off, trying not to miss anything while sharing the story with her friend.

"I somehow entered but the place was empty? There was just one doors at the side, safe like. Ever since that day I go and check the place every day but I don't see a way to open it."

"Can you lead me there?" He asked and she wuickly nodded her head, getting up and walking out. The other followed closely after her.

Jieun knew the way towards there like the back of her hand. She went to the room at least once every day since that day.

"It's here." She said and walked closer to the wall, glancing at Yangyang. "Jieun..." He nodded his head and Jieun bit her lower lip, pressing her hand against the wall.

The wall moved to the side, making it easy for the two to enter. "Woah, this place is so huge." Yangyang said while looking around and the girl nodded her head. "This is the doors." She said as she walked towards the light blue coloured doors. "Hm.."

Yangyang moved closer to them, taking a better look at it. "Oh?"

"Hm, could work."

"But it also couldn't."

Yangyang talked to himself while Jieun stood at the side, staring at him. He looked so focused on the doors and she took the chance to examine his face features.

He had big brown eyes which were slightly covered by his freshly dyed blonde hair. His mouth formed a small frown as he was too focused on what he was doing. She snapped out of her thoughts the moment Yangyang moved away and looked at her. "I think you should try opening it."

"But how? I don't see any kind of a lock or anything." She said and Yangyang chukled. "Just turn the knob." Jieun slightly nodded and wlaked towarda the doors. She gulped slightly before bringing her hand towards the white knob. The moment she touched it a loud yelp left her mouth as blood started flowing from her newly made wound.

The red stain on the knob started glowing and they could hear various clicks and movements from behind the doors. A few moments later the doors opened and the two shared a look. Jieun walked closer to the doors and took a look inside.

In the safe layed a small book with something written on it. She took the book with her non bleeding hand and a small gasp left her mouth after seeing her name on it.