Epilouge 02

My eyes fluttered open.

"Nggh..." I groaned and went to rub my eyes, "Huh...?" I let out a confused noise noticing that I could only move my right hand.

"What happe– AHHHHH!" I looked at 'my' left hand only to be greeted by a familiar-looking, pale hand.

"I see that you're awake," A familiar-voice cut me off from my panicking.

I turned to look at the owner of the voice to see Hajime with red and olive eyes...?

"H-Hajime!" I cried out, "W-Who's hand is this?! And w-why is it attached to me?!"

"So you don't remember, huh..."

"Don't remember what?!"

"The hand that is currently attached to you is Nagito's," My eyes widened in surprise at his statement, "After Nagito cut off his own arm in order to replace it with Junko's, you took hold of his hand and replaced your own hand with his in order to, quote unquote, stay and be with him at all times"

I stared at Hajime in shock, trying to process his words, "I-I did...?"

Nagito's... alive...?

Hajime shrugged, " I guess you were that obsessed with him–" I stood up from my pod and grabbed Hajime's shoulder.

"Where's Nagito?" I looked at him in the eye.

"He's currently with Kazuichi at the Sea King Industries to try and test out his mechanica– Y/n where are you going?!" Hajime grabbed me by the wrist to refrain me from running.

"I'm going to see if Nagito's okay!"

"You can't! You've been asleep for far too long! Your body needs to recov–" I felt my entire world spinning as I stumbled back into the pod.

"Just like I said, you still need to recover," Hajime looked at me and scolded me, much like how a mother would.

"Y-Yeah..." I whispered and fell back into sleep.

***

I woke up for the second time today only to realize that several pairs of eyes were staring at me.

"Y/N!" Ibuki exclaimed and tackled me into a hug.

"Everyone!" I smiled at my classmates.

They're alive!

I felt my smile drop realizing that we were missing a person, "Where's.... Nagito...?" Everyone frowned at my question.

"He... He said he doesn't want to see you..."

He does...?

"Where is he?" I stood up from my pod.

"I-I think he might be at his cabin–" I dashed out of the building in search for his cabin.

Please let me see him!

I dashed towards the island where the cabins were being kept and immediately knocked on Nagito's.

"N-Nagito?" I knocked for the umpteenth time.

He isn't answering...

I sighed and tried to twist the doorknob, "Huh?" It was unlocked.

I slowly opened the door to be greeted by an empty cabin.

He's not here...

I let my hands fall onto my sides and stared at my feet, "Where could he be..?"

He isn't in his cabin..

No one knows where he is either...

I can't think of a place where he could possibly be.

Wait, no...

There's still *that* place...

My eyes lit up at my realization.

Yeah, I haven't checked there yet...

That one place...

I lifted my head up and started to run towards that place.

Please...

Let him be there..!