Chapter Four 03

We all walked until we finally reached the train that leads us to the Funhouse.

My eyes lit up at the sight of the choo-choo train, "Look Nagi, look! A choo-choo train! Do you think it has those string thingies that conductors pull to make it go choo-choo?" I asked with sparkling eyes.

"I don't think it has.." Nagito laughed at my expression.

"Aw, bummer..." I pouted.

"This is definitely a trap.... Is it okay for us to jump in without any preparations?" Fuyuhiko cautiously asked.

"We'll never know until we try, right?" Nagito suggested.

"T-This ride... is definitely better than the last one, right..?" Kazuichi looked like he wanted to throw up.

"Leave Kazuichi to me! I'll make sure to keep him in my clutches at all costs!" Mechamaru proudly exclaimed, much to the mechanic's dismay.

"We... just have to ride this, right?" Hajime recalled.

"Yup! No need to be cautious! It's not like it's going to speed up, drop, fly or anything else," Monokuma appeared, a care-free aura surrounding him.

Yup, the train is definitely going to do something suspicious.

"I-I'm going to believe you this time, so you better be telling the truth!" Kazuichi pointed his finger at the monochromatic bear.

"All right! Let's go!" Akane cracked her knuckles and stepped inside the train.

"Hey, Nagi! Let's sit together," I smiled at the luckster.

"I don't why an Ultimate like you would want to sit beside someone like me, but sure," I helped the albino enter the train.

After everyone got inside, the train started to move and entered the dark tunnel.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! This train is heading towards the Funhouse!" Monokuma's voice echoed throughout the tunnel, "Allow me to guide you all to a world full of surprises!"

"Please be careful of where you step. Also, it's dangerous to stand up all of the sudden!" Monokuma instructed, "Well, it's not like you have anytime to do that."

With those words, an unknown gas started to come out of the walls causing everyone to panic.

"W-WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL?!"

"I-Is this gas...?"

"Damn it... t-this is... definitely a t-trap...."

"N-Nagi?" I looked at the male beside me to see him unconscious.

"H-Huh?"I felt my eyelids growing heavy, "Why am I suddenly sleepy...?"

With the last of my strength, I reached out my hand to grab Nagito's.

Na... gi.... to...

***

I woke up in an unfamiliar, brightly colored place filled with moving strawberries from the ceiling to the floor.

"Too bright...!" I squinted my eyes to lessen my vision.

"Where is... THIIIIIIIIIIIS?!" Mechamaru yelled.

"Man, I slept good...." Akane yawned and stretched her limbs.

"Huh? Where are we?" Sonia looked around our surroundings in shock.

"W-what the hell is this...?" Fuyuhiko uttered.

Voices of confusion came by one right after the other and eventually, everyone had woken up.

"H-Hold on! H-How about we all just calm down and try to think how we got here, okay?" I tried my best to calm them down.

"I assume... this was the gas's doing," Gundham mentioned.

"That gas we were forced to breathe right after the train started moving... It must've knocked us out," Fuyuhiko added, "And than... we were brought here, huh."

"In that case, this must be the interior of the Funhouse," Nagito said.

"Weeeelcome to Strawberry house!" Monokuma appeared.

"Strawberry house? I thought this was the Funhouse?" Hajime questioned the bear.

"Of course it's the Funhouse. Strawberry house is a part of the Funhouse," Monokuma explained.

This is the Funhouse...?