Chapter Three 04

The day had finally ended. Nagito and I were walking to our cabins, hand-in-hand. We stopped walking and stood in front of my cabin door.

"Good night, Nagito," I smiled.

"Good night, Y/n,"

I went up to him and pecked him on the cheek, "Sweet dreams," I whispered.

"You too," And with that, I opened the door to my cabin and stepped inside.

I flopped down on my bed and laid there until I fell asleep.

•••

6-year-old Y/n stood in front of their father and mother who were talking about something.

"M-Mama... Papa..." Y/n called out to their parents causing them to turn their attention towards their child.

"What?" Mrs. L/n glared at them with hate.

Y/n gulped nervously, "I drew the three of us for my art class today..."

Y/n revealed a piece of paper with a happy family hand-drawn on it.

"It looks horrible," Mr. L/n said with no hesitation whatsoever causing the child to tear up.

"B-But... I... I worked really h-hard on it..." Tears streamed down the h/l haired child's face.

Smack

The sound of Mrs. L/n's hand hitting her child's cheek echoed throughout the room.

Y/n gasped and touched the spot where their mother had slapped them making them cry harder.

Smack

Another slap.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! A worthless object like you has no right to feel emotions! Suck it up! Your drawing is horrible no matter how you look at it! Now, go back to your room and think about what you've done!" Y/n nodded at their mother's words and went upstairs.

"No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel,No right to feel,  No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel, No right to feel," Y/n chanted those words as they climbed the stairs to their room.

"I... have no right to feel."

•••

ding dong bing bong

I jolted awake from my slumber, breathing heavily.

No right to feel.

"W-What was that...?" I muttered to myself before turning my attention towards the monitor inside my room.

No right to feel.

"Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make."

"Goooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day!"

"Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!" The screen shut off leaving me with my own thoughts

I got up from my bed, did my daily routine, and went outside. I walked towards Nagito's cabin.

knock knock