Chapter Five 06

I woke up from my bed with no one beside me.

Nagito must've left while I was sleeping...

I yawned and stood up to go to the hotel restaurant.

I climbed the last of the stairs leading to the restaurant only to be greeted by a horrible sight.

"Playtime's over... Now where'd you hide those bombs?" Akane was on the ground with her hands wrapped around Nagito's pale neck, choking him.

"Nagi!" I gasped and immediately rushed towards the scene to push Akane away from Nagito.

"Y/n?! What gives?!" Akane glared at me as she stumbled back.

I glared at her, "You were choking him! You could've been a murderer!" I spat and turned to look at Nagito who was coughing.

I held out my hand to examine the luckster's neck that had prominent finger marks, probably from Akane choking him.

I frowned, "I'm sorry you had to experience that."

Nagito stood up from the ground with a wide smile, "Thank you, Akane...! I got to see my dead dog again. I haven't seen him in ages...."

"Serves you right... You probably pissed off Akane in the first place..."

"Hmm... I didn't mean to do that though..." Nagito said, his smile never faltering.

Nagito turned to me and smiled wider, "Thanks for saving me. I owe you one..."

"Y-You're welcome..." I felt heat rush to my cheeks as I looked down on the ground, flustered by his actions.

"If you sincerely mean that then please tell us the password to the ancient ruin," Sonia demanded.

"The password? To the ancient ruin..? What are you going to do with that?" Nagito's gray-green eyes widened in surprise.

"Don't play dumb... You've hidden the bombs inside the ruin, right!?" Fuyuhiko glared at the surprised boy.

"Yep.... I did..."

"...until yesterday."

"Until yesterday?! What do you mean by that?!" Hajime asked.

"There wasn't anything important inside the ancient ruin... Just some familiar scenery," My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at his claim, "But I got bored of it. Also... If I hid them in there, it would be completely meaningless," Nagito let out a sigh.

"So even if you had managed to learn the password to the ancient ruin, it has no meaning anymore..."

"But they were hidden there, right?" Chiaki tried to confirm.

"Yup, but I guess that it was right for me to move them. They were about to be found before the traitor even confessed," Nagito changed the subject, "But I guess moving them might be better! After all, it could help to make hope shine even brighter!" He beamed.

"Stop talking crazy and tell us where you moved the bombs!" Fuyuhiko clenched his fist, ready to punch the living daylights out of Nagito.

"Looks like you're in a hurry," Nagito pointed out, "That's understandable... After all, it is the last day.."

"Then let's begin! The final battle between the traitor... and everyone else..."

"The final battle between hope and despair!"

×××

(I am trying so hard to delay writing nagito's-)