Prolouge 04

I arrived at the beach in a school swim suit. I saw that some of my classmates were already at the sea playing with the water. I smiled as a mop of messy white hair came into my field of vision.

"Nagito!" I called out to the boy and ran towards him, almost running over Gundham's sandcastle.

"Sorry Gundy!" I apologized.

"G-Gundy?" I heard Gundham exclaim before covering his reddening face with his scarf.

I giggled before I felt my body collide with someone.

Splash!

I felt my butt hit the water causing the water to splash around me.

"Oops, sorry about that," I heard an all too familiar voice chuckle.

"Nagito!" I shouted and tackled him into the water.

Splash!

The sound of the water splashing echoed throughout both of our ears while Nagito groaned in pain.

I stood up and offered my hand to Nagito,"Oops, sorry about that," I chuckled, imitating him.

"You think you're so clever well..... how about this?"

Splash!

Nagito splashed water onto me causing me to stop my laughter.

"Oh, it is on," I playfully glared at him and splashed him back.

We continued to splash each other with water.

"This is fun..." I thought, "Spending time with Nagito.... is fun...."  My thoughts were filled with nothing but Nagito.

I wish we could stay like this forever...

The sky turned dark.

"Wh-What?" I stopped splashing Nagito with water and stared up at the sky.

"This doesn't look natural at all!" I heard Hajime shout.

I stared at Nagito in panic only to see him looking at the sky with a frown on his angelic face.

"N-Nagito...?" I whispered causing the albino to look at me.

"What is it, Y/n?" Nagito smiled.

With my many years of faking my emotions I could clearly see that his smile was fake.

"Are you... okay?" I asked worriedly.

Nagito's smile dropped but came back again, "Of course I am. I'm with you after all," I felt my heart skip a beat.

"D-Don't lie! I... I know that you're not a-and it's okay if you don't want to tell me... I-I was just worried," I stuttered, still flustered about what he said.

"Why would you even worry about trash like me?" Nagito let out a closed eye smile.

How could he say something so self-deprecating with a smile?!

"But—" I was cut off with the monitor lighting up.

"Aah! Aah! Mike check! Mike check!" An unfamiliar voice echoed throughout the beach.

"Ah, ah! Ah, ah! Can you hear me, can you hear me?" The voice proceeded to talk gleefully.

"Puhuhuhu.... Surprised? You were totally surprised!"

"Now then, sorry to keep you all waiting for so long. Let's leave all this worthless entertainment behind..."

"Worthless?" I thought as I felt a new emotion course through me, "You have no right to call the time I spent with Nagito worthless!!" I inhaled and exhaled to try to calm myself down.

"It's time for the main attraction! You guys better hustle over to Jabberwock park!" We all went walked to the changing rooms to change back into our clothes and headed towards the mentioned location.