Chapter One 10

I entered, what looks like, the trial room. The trial room had 17 podiums in a circle with a huge throne at the front, overseeing the podiums.

I walked up to the podium that had my name on it. I looked to my left to see Nagito. I smiled knowing that he was beside me.

Monokuma spoke up, causing all of us to look at him. "Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!"

"During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the killer is, and vote for whodunnit,"

"If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person," He sang the last part,  "I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave this island!"

"Su-Such a cruel rule!!" Monomi, who was dangling from the ceiling, shouted in protest.

"Before we begin, I'd like to confirm one thing. Is there really a killer among us?" Nagito asked.

"Of course! Monokuma said so himself when Y/n asked him," Akane scratched her neck.

"By the way, this class trial is gonna be 100 percent fair, so there's no need to worry," Monokuma added, "Now, let's begin!"

"You....You're telling us to b-begin.... but what are we supposed to do..?" Mikan was the first one to speak.

"No complainin', let's just settle this with out fists!" Akane stated while she cracked her knuckles.

"Now, now everyone, we should first discuss the possible suspects," I tried to calm Akane down who looked like she wanted to punch something.

"Didn't that Byakuya bastard get killed in the dining hall? Then everyone there is a fucking suspect!" Fuyuhiko remarked cockily.

"Yeah, yeah. What you're really trying to say is that you're not the killer, right?" Mahiru retorted.

"No shit... You guys went off on your own and started killing each other. This has nothing to do with me," Fuyuhiko scoffed.

"Nothing to do with you?! Your lack of alibi is the most suspicious of all!!" I argued.

"I'm tellin' you, I was in my fuckin' room the whole time!" Fuyuhiko yelled.

"A-Anyway... why don't we try talking about the most pressing issue on out minds?" Nagito gently patted me on the back to try and calm me down.

"Huh? The most pressing issue on our minds...?" Teruteru breathed out.

"Where we found the body. It's very strange to find the body underneath the table," Nagito raised his finger.

"Then... let's start with that mystery," Chiaki spoke.

***

"It could only be you!" Hajime stated as he pointed at me.

"H-Huh? Who...? Me...?" I stuttered.

"Yes, you're the only one who could've hidden the knife under the table. You could've also used the power cord to navigate through the dark," Hajime stated as he pointed to the picture.

"See..?"

"Bu-but—"

"And! You could've also placed some laxatives on Peko's plate to cast suspicion on her when she was supposed to be at the office!" Mahiru added.

"N-No... I was w-with Nagito the whole time...." I trailed off before widening my eyes in realization.

Nagito's the one who hid the knife. He's also the one who used the power cord since he wasn't with me during the blackout.