Chapter Three 07

I opened my eyes to see that I was in a warehouse full of Monokuma merchandise.

"W-Why....? Why am I here?" I looked around the room, "There's nothing but Monokuma merch," I looked at the cardboard cutout of the said bear in distatse.

I continued to look around until I spotted a huge curtain at the back of the room. I walked towards it, reaching my hand out to touch the velvety fabric. Suddenly, a rotten scent came through my nostrils.

"Urgh! This smells horrible!" I covered my nose in disgust. It smelled like something was rotting.

"Maybe I should check inside," I thought before opening the curtain.

Wrong decision.

I froze as I saw the familiar body of the luckster that I had grown to love. His limbs were bounded by rope, his thighs filled with several stab marks, his right hand pierced with a survival knife, and lastly, a spear was sticking out of his stomach. Agony, that's all there is to it, pure agony rested on his features.

I fell to my knees in shock. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. I stared at the corpse before me for what felt like hours before I felt everything go black.

•••

I jolted awake from my bed. Panic evident on my features, "N-Nagito... W-Where's.... N-Nagito?" I gasped for breath.

I looked at everything around me to see that I was inside a hospital room.

"I have to find Nagi," I thought before rushing out of my hospital room.

I looked at the empty corridor side-to-side to see that there were other hospital rooms as well. I checked each hospital room one-by-one until I finally came across a door with Nagito's drawing on it.

Please let him be here.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. I sighed in relief at the sight before me. Nagito was laying down on the hospital bed, his head turned to look at the night sky above him with the moonlight illuminating his features.

He looks so peaceful.

"N-Nagi..." I called out causing the white haired male to turn to me.

"Y-Y/N...? W-Why... are you here...? I don't want... to see... you right now..." His voice was hoarse due to the lack of water.

I felt hurt by his statement but brushed it off knowing that he didn't really mean it.

"I... I had a nightmare..." I looked down at the floor, ashamed that I came to him just because of that.

"W-What was it....? I don't... want to hear...a-anything about it..." Nagito slightly moved on his bed to make space for me to lie down on.

"A-Are you sure...?" I looked at the space he was patting.

"N-No.." He nodded.

I smiled before laying down beside him. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on top of my head, "C-Come on...I... don't want to hear... a-anything about your... n-nightmare..." He spoke.

"If you say so..." I sighed before I told him everything about my dream.

After telling Nagito all about it my dream, Nagito looked at me in the eye and said, "D-Don't w-worry... Y/n.... I'll m-make sure... t-to l-leave you... forever..." I smiled at him and engulfed him in a hug.

"I love you, Nagi!"

"I... I hate you, too..."

We stayed in each other's arms for a while before finally falling asleep.

×××

This is definitely not a filler chapter