Chapter Three 13

Hajime Hinata's Point Of View

"You don't understand?"

"Is it because you don't have anyone to love?"

"Is it because you're also someone who isn't accepted by anyone?"

"What a pity. I feel sorry for you," With Mikan's words, I saw a h/l blur ran past me to tackle Mikan.

Thud

The sound of Mikan hitting the floor with Y/n on top of her echoed throughout the trial room.

"Y-You bitch... What did you say...?" Y/n's tone was full of hatred.

"Khh..!" Mikan gasped for air as Y/n wrapped their hands around her neck.

"Y/n...!" I placed a hand on their shoulder, only for them to shake it away.

"How dare you insult my Nagi!" Y/n continued to choke Mikan, "I'll make sure you never insult him ever again!" They grinned and tightened their grip around the nurse's neck.

"Nggh...!"

"Step aside!" Akane ran towards Y/n and pulled them away from the dying Mikan.

"L-Let go of me, skank! I'm doing this for my Nagi's sake!" Y/n struggled against the gymnast's hold.

"Monokuma, what gives?! I thought you said the Despair Disease was no more!" Kazuchi looked at the bear for some kind of explanation.

"Puhuhuhuhu! There they are, there they are!" Monokuma cheered.

"There... they are...?" I questioned.

"Y/n L/n, The Ultimate Yandere at your service!" The bear let out an amused laugh.

Ultimate... Yandere..?!?

"Ultimate Yandere?! Don't fuck with me! T-There's no such thing...!" Fuyuhiko yelled.

"Oh, but there is! Allow me to explain..."

"When Y/n first entered Hope's Peak, they were registered as the Ultimate Sunshine... But...! Something happened during their time at school that caused them to be titled as the Ultimate Yandere! Of course I won't tell you what happened since it also connects with your forgotten school memories!" Monokuma sniggered at our shocked expectations.

Something happened that caused them to change this much?!

"Hey, let go of me! That bitch hurt my Nagi's feelings...! She must pay!" Y/n screeched.

"Y/n..." Nagito spoke up for the first time since Y/n's outburst.

The pale luckster walked towards Y/n and reached a hand out to touch the said person's cheek.

"Come on, Y/n... This isn't like you.... Where's my hope? The hope that I fell in love with..." Nagito looked into Y/n's eyes with so much sincerity, "Please...Come back..."

As if a switch was flicked, Y/n stopped struggling against Akane's hold and looked around.

"Why.... is Akane holding me...?" They were back to normal.

"Y/n!" Nagito exclaimed and took them away from Akane's arms to engulf them in a hug.

Y/n L/n's Point Of View

I don't understand....

The last thing I remembered was that I was running towards Mikan because of something she said.

"Oh, Y/n. I'm so glad you're back," Nagito said, hugging me tighter.

"W-What happened?" I let go of the hug to look at Nagito.

"Oh, nothing really... You just passed out, that's all..." Nagito smiled.

"O-Oh... I see..." I nodded my head in understanding.

"Well then, now that everything's over... let's move on to the good part!" Monokuma ruined the moment.

"It's punishment time!" Monokuma cheered and pushed the button with his gavel.

The monitor lit up to reveal a pixelated Monkuma dragging away a pixelated Mikan with the words "Mikan has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!" written at the bottom.

The screen changed to Mikan laying down on a hospital bed, a tranquil atmosphere surrounding her. Suddenly, Monkuma appeared holding a giant syringe and wearing a nurse uniform.

Bye-Bye Ouchies!
Ultimate Nurse
Mikan Tsumiki's Execution: Executed

Nurse Monokuma ran towards Mikan, giant syringe in hand, and was about to inject her until the walls of the room fell apart. A giant arm rose from the ground making Mikan sit on top of it. Nurse Monokuma inserted the needle into the arm and started pumping it, causing Mikan to make a very lewd expression. After Monokuma finished, the arm suddenly rose up from the ground with rockets attached to it's end. The arm flew up, up, and away, sending Mikan off into space.

I stared in shock at the execution before me, "She was executed just like that?!"

Silence.

Complete, utter silence surrounded us as we thought about how a single disease caused our friend to change.

It was so silent, it was as if no one was even there.

"Jeez! What a depressing atmosphere!" Monokuma's voice loomed over the silence, "Soooo in order to help you guys feel better, I've prepared a special event!"

"Special... event...?" Hajime muttered.

"Head over to the first island's beach. An old friend will be waiting there," Monokuma instructed.

Could it be...?

"Nekomaru..?" I questioned out-loud.

"Nekomaru?!" Akane exclaimed, excitement and relief painted on her face, "Is it?! It is, isn't it!? Nekomaru was safe after all?!"

"Uhm.... Safe... oh how should I put this..." Monokuma gulped, as if he was hiding something.

"I knew it... I knew that crazy bastard would come back to us in one piece..!" Everyone seemed to be feeling a bit better knowing that Nekomaru is waiting for us.

"What are you guys waiting for?! Let's go!" Akane headed for the exit with us following after her.

I can't believe it...!

Nekomaru's back...!