Chapter Two 05

I made my way to the hotel restaurant to grab some lunch for Nagito. I was at the top of the stairs until I heard voices.

"Hey [redacted] are you going to try out the new motive?" Someone asked.

I widened my eyes, "Motive?"

"Nah... I don't really play video games that much..." Another voice spoke.

Video games...?

The motive is a video game?

I listened in on the conversation to get some more details.

Turns out, there was a new motive that Monokuma gave us and it's at Jabberwock Park. I waited for the people to leave the restaurant before going to the kitchen to grab some food.

***

"I'm back!" I chirped and stepped inside the dining hall.

"Welcome back, Y/n," Nagito greeted me as I sat beside him on the floor.

"Here Nagi, open wide," I grabbed a spoonful of food and fed the luckster.

I waited for Nagito to finish chewing his food before deciding to speak up, "Apparently Monokuma gave us a new motive," I spoke, earning Nagito's attention. The male stared at me, signaling me to go on.

"It's this video game called Twilight Syndrome Murder Case. You can play it at Jabberwock Park," I explained.

"Are you planning on playing it?" Nagito questioned.

"Yeah... I want to give it a go and tell you all about it," I suggested.

"That's a good idea," Nagito smiled causing my face to go red.

He praised me...

I smiled and continued to feed him, "Thanks."

***

"Are you going out now?" Nagito asked as I stood up from the floor.

I looked down at him, "Yup! I'll be back before you know it!" I let out a closed eye smile.

"Keep safe!" Nagito called out to my retreating figure.

I stepped outside of the abandoned building and made my way towards Jabberwock Park. I walked in silence with only the ocean's waves comforting me.

I walked and finally reached the vacant park. I looked around the park and spotted an arcade machine.

That must be it.

I walked up to the machine and curiously stood there until the screen automatically lit up.

"Woah..." I said in awe and placed my hand on the joystick.

The screen changed to reveal a company logo with the words:

Monokuma soft
Licensed by
Monokuma Inc.

I rolled my eyes and pressed a button to reveal a disclaimer:

WARNING:
This game is a work of nonfiction. Any resemblances to real persons, living or dead, is purely intentional.

"Nonfiction...?" I mumbled in surprise and pressed another button.

The screen changed again to reveal, what seems to be, the title screen. The words "Twilight Syndrome Murder Case: Investigation Edition" were written with a picture of Hope's Peak Academy as the background. Overall, the game had an old-fashioned vibe to it.

I pressed the start button and the screen changed into a dark red background with the words "2nd Day" in a weird, creepy font.

Second day...? Where's the first day?

After a while, the screen transitioned to show a long haired girl, wearing a school uniform. The girl seemed to be standing in the middle of a school hallway.

From what I could tell, the girl was named Girl A.

How creative.

I pressed the button to continue.

Girl A: (Ah, it's already late... I'm gonna be late for our meeting...)

***
GAME OVER
Down five...

I stared at the screen in shock.

"It's already over...?" I mumbled and pressed each button.

Nothing happened...

"Why did the game suddenly jump to the 4th day?" I placed my hand on my chin in a thinking motion.

I sighed as no idea came to mind, "I should just go back to Nagi," I mumbled and made my way back to the abandoned building.