Chapter 6 You must fight

Chapter 6 You Must Fight

(JAKE POV)

Olivia wanted to die that day, which was something I had figured out already, but I still wanted to know the reason as to why she wanted that.

"why?" I ask her.

"Well, let's see, I was over it, I found out I had cancer that day, and that was the icing on the cake. So, there was no point in continuing," she said in a blunt tone.

 I immediately started shaking my head, which caused her to look at me again with a confused look.

"You can't just give up," I said, squeezing her hand that I was still holding.

Olivia shook my hand off from hers and spoke.

"I'm going to die, uh- wait, what's your name?" she asked me.

"Jake," I said to her.

"Jake. I like that name. Well, since you've already known my name and all. I am curious, Jake. To why are you here? Wait, how long have you been here? " She asked as she stared at the chair I was sitting on that had a blanket and a pillow on it.

"I've been here, ever since you were taken back to the hospital,"  I said nervously.

I ran my fingers through my hair, a nervous habit that I had.

I noticed that Olivia's eyes followed the movement.

 "You've been here since that day? The whole time I was asleep?" she asked with a shocked look on her face.

"I was waiting for you to wake up," I said to her in a low voice.

I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't curious about Olivia, and I found myself wanting to know more about her and found her beautiful. I don't think I'll be able to leave her alone.

"Why?" She whispered.

"Why would you even do that?" She asked.

"I know I don't even know you, and believe me, I find it strange that I've stayed her this whole time too, but I found myself unable to leave your side,"  I said to her honestly.

"Wow, what a line. Are you an actor because that was good?  That scene right there deserves an Oscar." I watched Olivia move to get out of bed.

I now realize that this was something that she did, either become sarcastic, make odd jokes or behave in a way that she doesn't think it's worth the worry.

"I understand you feel bad about hitting me with your car but don't. It was my fault, and I was stupid okay?" She said.

 Olivia tried to walk away from the bed but ended up losing her balance. I caught her, and we made direct eye contact with each other.

She moved out of my arms and apologized.

"It's fine; that right there just proved something," I said to Olivia with a smile.

"Proved what?" She asked, with a brow raised at me.

"That you'll need me at your side to help you in moments like that," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"I know you'll try to get rid of me, but I won't budge. See, let's think of it as a good thing that I was the one who hit you with my car and that you're alive now because you're meant to fight this. That this is showing you that you shouldn't give up and keep going," I said as I stared at her.

When it looked like Olivia was going to protest, I stopped her and spoke instead.

"Besides I'm going to help you fight. So, you won't have to go through this alone."

            *****Kassandra Speaks******

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter