Chapter 23: Forever Jazz

Jazz's POV

I was going to rip someone's head off I hear him scream one more time. What were they doing to him? What happened for him to act like that. I kept pacing around outside biting my nails.

"Hold his arms down till the Doctor Shelmen gets here." Mrs. Hanlon said. What ever was going on with Riley, his mom couldn't figure it out. She had been on the phone with his dead. From the sound of it he couldn't figure it. He wanted to come back here, but she told him not too because it wasn't safe.

"What could have happen?" Ben asked me. I turned my attention to him. Ben was friend, but right now I watched to punch him. "He was fine before.

"Yeah before he bite you." Riley was just fine before. Then minutes before the vampire guys show up he passes out start screaming. "It has something to do with you, you on drugs are something?"

"Why the fuck would I be on drugs?" Ben arched his eyebrows at me. I don't give a shit if he was mad. Something has been up with Ben for a few days now. His behavior was odd.

"Because you been acting secretive lately. You don't come over to my house or to Riley's. You disappear and don't answer your phone. You have two big dark circles under your eyes."

"I don't freaking sleep Jazz!!" Ben yelled at me. "Whenever I go to sleep I have nightmares. Nightmares about kill Riley. They feel so damn real, I can't tell if I am dreaming or awake. Ever since I got sick it's been that way. I stay away from the both of you because I don't want to act out my dreams thinking I am sleep. That's why I lie and say I am doing stuff. It feels like I am going crazy."

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" I could see he was trying not break down in front of me. "You should have said something."

"How could I. After tonight it's shows that I am capable of this type of thing and.." A black car pulled up a man go out and rushed into the house. Must be the vampire doctor. I listened to him talking to Mrs. Hanlon.

"The kids said he was fine till he bite Ben. He collapsed on the ground yelling in pain and sweating. I can't get him to open his eyes or talk. " I grabbed Ben's arm and pulled him inside. My dad was going yell at me, he told me stay outside.

"I think it has to do with Ben's blood." I said pushing Ben on the sofa. My dad gave me a look but Ignored it. I unwrapped Ben's arm. The doctor swabbed Ben's arm and opened his bag.

"Maybe if we find out what's with his blood, we can find out what to do about Riley." We watch as the doctor dropped something on the swab of blood. It turned green. His eyes grew wide and he scrambled for his bag. "As doctor to Mother I would tell what happen to your son was somehow an accident. But from Doctor to Officer, I would tell his human friend tried to kill him."

"WHAT!" Everyone yelled at the same time. Mrs. Hanlon looked at Ben. I could see she was struggling with her thoughts.

"Inside of Ben in Noranomen. If you didn't know Noranomen is grinned a powdered mixed with vampire venom. Mixed with something like B.C powder, lemon juice. It could make a human sick with cold like symptoms. The venom will make a human host sick because they have to have blood to complete the stage. For a vampire....." The doctor took niddle walked over to Ben

"The power burns out quickly because vampires bodies don't need it. Vampires burn off things fast like alcohol, so they don't get drunk. The venom stays with in a human's blood stream up to four months. After that the human dies, because they haven't completely the transformation process by receiving vampire blood. Venom from another vampire kills vampires. The only way it won't is it's taken out right away." The doctor took someone of the blood from Ben.