Chapter 7: Forever Obsessed

“You okay?” Ben asked poking at my leg.

“Yeah I’m cool.” Which was a complete lie. I was tired, beyond tired and my knee still hurt from last night.  

“You been sitting like that for fifteen minutes.” Jazz added. I noticed the cake on my lunch tray was missing.

“It’s the training thing. I get my ass handed to more than I actually learn anything.” I  told them. Last night we trained till  four a.m. This time I was lucky enough to not get anything broken, but I did get stabbed in the leg. “My eyes are starting to changing and it hurts. All this light is killing me.”

“Here put these on.” Ben reached in his pocket and pulled out his sunglasses.  I put them on over my eyes.  My eyes felt like they wanted to burn out my head from all that light.  Uncle Kevin says my eyes are just trying to adjust themselves. I pulled out my phone out looking at youtube page.

“We haven’t done a video yet.” I told them.

“That’s right we haven’t. Maybe we should do one after school. My mom won’t mind.” Jazz said.

“The last video we did got so many videos.” Ben said looking at his phone. “But we are gonna have do it at my house, I can’t move all that equipment again. My dad was pissed we took the turn tables.”  

“And that vain in his forehead almost exploded.” I added. We started laughing so hard the table behind Ben looked at us. I smelled the faint smell of Marlboro cigarettes and polo cologne to cover it up. “Noooo.” I said softly. They were moving in my direction.  

“Ben give me your phone.” Jazz said. Ben and I gave Jazz our phones. We pretend to not even notice them standing there over the table.

“It’s my tree favor freaks.” Stone said leaning over the table. “The wimpy pretty boy.” looking right at Ben.  

“Dude, if you're obsessed with me just say so.” I tried not to laugh as Ben lighting touched Stone’s arm. Stone took some of the mash potatoes of his plate slapped Ben in the face.

“Then we have shemale of the group.” Jazz looked at Dunbar and gave him the middle finger.

“Sadly even as she male I have more balls then both of you combined.” You see this was why I kind of looked up to  the girl. She was fearless. Dunbar and Stone never picked a fight with Jazz. Well, not since the last day of 8th grade. It’s true wolves are very short tempered, and Jazz was already that way before she took on the change. Dunbar and Stone favored me the most, why I don’t know. Maybe because they knew I couldn’t fit back. Not because I couldn’t, trust me I would break every bone in their body if I could. But it’s against vampire law to harm a human. Which means no matter how annoying they are, you can’t kick their face in.  They didn’t pick on her much cause what happened last year. Stone grabbed Jazz’s ass and she  broke his nose.

“Well sweetheart that would make you a man among this little girls now wouldn’t it.” Stone winked at her. Jazz looked like she wanted to throw up.  

“You call me sweetheart again, I’ll break your arm off and beat you with it.” She said as went back to eating. Dunbar looked at me.   

“We will be seeing you later braces” Both of them walked away from the table.

“Soon as get my powers, those two are gonna pay.” I said out loud.

“ Hopefully that will be soon, I sick of those two. I’m not gonna be spending my high school life dealing with those two.” I grinned at Jazz.

“Your just pissed cause Stone has this thing for you.” I told her. Jazz looked like she could have picked me up and tossed  me out the window. “I don’t care if you give me that look. We all know it’s true.”  I was trying not to laugh.  

“Yeah, but neither of  us ever planned on saying it to her.” I looked at me Ben, whose face was turning red from trying to keep from laughing.

“Oh you think your funny Hanlon?” She squinted her eyes at me as if she was hoping my soul would burst into flames. “Let see how funny it is when I got tell Sophia that you got this big crash on her and you want her to have your half human half vampire babies.”  I stopped breathing for a second.  Ben brust into laugher.   

“Ben I know you aren’t laughing.” I said to him. He looked at me. “You're the last person needs to be laughing.  Don’t forget I know who your freaking in love with.”  Ben looked like he could have shited on himself.  

“Dude, who are you talking about?” Ben said trying to seem a clam. I could still hear his heart. “I don’t fall in love. And I know for a fact I never told you anything like that.” I rolled my eyes.

“You keep trying to bullshit me man, and even yourself. But I know already.” I pat him on the shoulder. “It’s okay, I won’t say anything.”  Jazz looked confused.

“I guess this is one of those guy things right? Otherwise I would know?” Jazz asked me.

“I swear I have no idea what he is talking about.” Ben said to her.

“Yes Jazz. When the time comes, if ever comes you will know.”  Just then someone walked by and sat flier down on the table for football team tryouts.  

“We’re going to that party tonight right?” Jazz asked. I had almost forgot about that. With all my training I forgot to bring it up with Uncle Kevin and Mom.  

“Yeah, we can find a way to shoot the video while we are there.”  Ben said to her.

“What if we get caught?” I asked him. “The whole point of the videos is no one catches us.”

“As fast as you two are. I don’t think anyone will. Just put the mask on.”