Chapter 26: Forever Sleepwalking

Ben’s POV

    I had no idea what was going. What was I even doing here? I could hear water dripping from somewhere. I looked around at the walls. Lockers...Gray lockers on the walls. Why was I school and at night? I walked  to the gym and pushed where  I saw blood of the floor. Riley was laying there on the ground holding his side. He was bleeding to death. 

“Kill him…” A woman's  voice said from behind me.  She placed her hand on my shoulder. Where did I hear that voice from?  “Kill him Ben.” My attention was caught by what was in my hand.  It was kinfe. There was something purple on it. The stuff that was inside of me. I screaming out for help, but my lips never moved. I moved forward and stood over Riley.  I got on one knee and pushed the knife into his chest. He was screaming and yelling. I was trying to stop but I couldn’t. I couldn’t control my body.  This isn’t real.  WAKE UP BEN. THIS ISN’T REAL. I smiled down at Riley and twisted the knife.  I’m dreaming….I had to wake up.

  The sun was coming up. I realized I wasn’t at home.  I was at the board with what looks like a marker in my hand. How did I get in without setting off an alarm.  I noticed Ava setting at the desk at me.

“I thought it was kind of odd that you just started walking around and started getting dressed for school without blinking.”  Ava said looking at the board. “I asked you where you were going. You said to school early. That was at  about four a.m. I followed you all the way to this class room. You started writing on the board.” Ava pointed at the board. I looked. Written on the board was the words WAKE UP about billion times.

“How long have I been doing that?” I put the marker down. My hand had a cramp in it.

“About two hours. From your reaction I take it you know your a sleep walker?” I took a deep breath.

“Yeah. I use to sleep walk as a kid. Recently it’s started back.” My whole body felt restless. I wanted to go back to sleep. 

“I am not sure if your sleep walking has anything to do with what’s recently happened to  you but I already sent a video of you sleep walking Darren.” I raised one eyebrow at her and catching on to the fact that she calls Mr. H by his first name.

“Why do you call my dad by his first name?” I turned to Riley standing at the door. He didn’t look like he felt well.  “You are the same age as us.” 

“Darren is like a father to me, I was orphan and your father found me and decided he was better off teaching me as best he could. My parent left me and I lived on the streets or wherever I could. .  I just became useful for your dad with him hiding out.”  I hadn’t noticed the textbook she had opened in front of her. “Human bodies are weird.” She said closing the biology book.

“Uncle Kevin wants to see us before class starts.” Riley said struggling to walk. I put my arm around him helping him walk.  “You and I need to have talk later dude.” He mumbled to me. I figured it was about the sleep walking