Chapter 43: Forever Lied To

It's been two months since anything has happened, almost as if everything had been a dream. It was only March, the school year was almost over. Ben seemed back to his normal self. Mrs. Powell was gone. When we got back from the winter holiday, we had discovered she had left. From what I hear among the teachers is that met someone. I knew that was just gossip, but still why did she suddenly vanished. No one else had tried to kill me. Jazz said couldn't find any unknow vampires in town. Deep down something didn't feel right. But the harder I tried to look for what was next. The more bothered I became. Eventually Mom told me stop. I went back my old routine. Even had more time for Sophia and football. But still that feeling just never went away.

"We should watch a movie." Jazz said taking the remote out of my hand.

"Who made you the boss?" Ben asked her. She took her foot and kicked him off the sofa.

"My house, my rules Benjamine so suck it!" She answered.

"Did you even finish your half of the project for science class?" I asking looking for the clue stick.

"Yes nerd boy I did." I found the glue stick under a pile of newspaper and construction paper. "You have present it alone. I won't be in school Thursday."

We started walking into the kitchen."I thought you learned not wolf out every full moon?"

"Not during this one I can't. The moon is closer to the earth, and from what I know about it, it doesn't just bother wolves. Supernatural creatures all get affected by it." I put the glue stick down.

"How?" I asked.

"For each person it's different. Some become fully human, other might have more power. That's why no one risk it." I got up looking for my phone. "Can't you feel it?"

"No." I shoved everything I had in my backpack. "I'm gonna go talk to my mom."

"Ben I need you to do something." I said to him.

"Give you blood? I thought you didn't care for human blood." Around Christmas had a lot of it. It made feel on edge and excited. I don't ever want to drink human blood again."

"Listen to everything I'm about to say." I went into his mind. His eyes became vacant. "Stay away from me Mrs. Powell. If you see her run away where no one can find you." I pulled myself from his thoughts. I grabbed my backpack. "Jazz meet me tonight at crosspoint." I opened the door and started running. At some point I need to get mom to teach me how to drive. I can't keep running around town, one day someone might just see me. I kept running till I got the police station on North street. Funny how easy it is for any super natural create to hide in plain sight. This police station has been sitting on the corner for years. No would think the officers on the inside where vampires. They weren't just the police for the vampires. It was on going project called "Project: Peacekeepers."

I went inside, right away Officer Dent spotted me. "What are you doing here?" Officer Dent and I had thing. One where he didn't like me and one where I didn't like him. Mostly because I would pull pranks on him when ever I was here. But that was only because he is insufferable, annoying man with bad jokes. "Your hair cause a car to drive into a pole or something."

"Yeah and they could use your stomach as a air bag. What you weigh these days?" The officer behind him tried not to laugh.

"You little shit, I'll..."

"Officer Dent, don't dish it out if you can't take it." Detective Erin said. His eyes looked at me. "Your mom doesn't have another one of you at home does she?" I grinned.

"Nope, she lucky and only has me to drive her crazy." I replied.

"Good, don't think Dent could handle it." Erin pointed me to my mom's desk. "Do me a favor stay here till she comes." I raised my eyebrows. I wish I had more time so I could look at files on her computers. But that had to wait, right now I need to get all the information I could.

"Dad? Are you there." I reached out into his thoughts. I think he was sleeping. "Dad wake up please."

"Yes.....what is it kid." His voice sounded slow and heavy. "You okay? Is your mom okay? What's wrong?"

"What will happen when the moon gets close to us? What happens to us?" His thoughts changed quickly. It went to me and then it went to my mom. Suddenly I couldn't hear anything. Had he pushed me out of his mind? I tried to bring the connection back. I tried focusing on him. I couldn't feel my Dad anymore. Suddenly mom was standing in front her desk looking at me.

"Riley stop." She knew what I was doing.

"I was talking to Dad he pushed my right out his thoughts. I can't bring him back I can't tell where he is." My mom looked at me. She didn't say anything just looked at me. I tried going into her thoughts. Maybe I could reach Dad that way like I had done with Mrs. Powell. It was like searching through static. Why couldn't I reach them?

"Damn it Riley stop it now." She ordered. I stopped and looked at her.

"Mom, what are you two hiding me?" I asked her directly. My mom asked me.

"Come on, we're going home." I followed her outside to her truck. We got in the car and she pulled out the lot. She clearly wasn't going to answer. "What do you want for dinner."

"Mom, answer my question please." We stopped at the red light.

"Look right, there are just somethings you as child need to know. Me and your dad felt like there wasn't anything you need to know. So just leave it be." I rolled my eyes.

"She's planning to do something on that day Mom. So why are you two choosing to hide things? I thought you two said no more secrets." They knew all along and hadn't said one single thing to me about. That's why she was telling me not to worry.

Mom took off at the green light. "We are the parents here. We have all this taken care of. We know she might be planning something, which is why you're staying with your grandparents Wednesday night till Friday." They even had plan.

"So you two weren't going tell me anything. What about Ben? What are you two gonna do about him? Both of you lied to me." We pulled into the driveway.

"No one lied to you." I got out the truck and slammed the door.

"You both tried to hide something from me. You both said two wouldn't do that again. And you both did. It's called a lie!!" I yelled at her.

"Don't you yell at me!" Mom said opening the door and pulling me in the house. "I'm your mother and I did it to protect you."

"What if I want to protect you? Should I lie?" I growled at her this time. She growled back at me.

"You are the child, I am the parent. And I will do whatever I think is best for you. You are to never lie." I rolled my eyes. She couldn't be fucking serious.

"You can't playing the fucking parent card. You lie, why can't I?" Mom took her hand faster than I could moved and slapped me.

"That is enough. I don't want to hear anything else. You do as I say." I looked at her. "Go upstairs now!!" I stomped my way up the staircase to my room. I went in a slammed the door shut. I heard a picture in the hallway. I locked the door. I throw my backpack down.

"Riley, we are just doing what is best for you." My dad's voice said. "LEAVE ME ALONE!! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU EITHER!" I closed my eyes and I could still tell he was there. "GET OUT OF MY DAMN HEAD!" I yelled out loud. A few seconds letter it was just me alone with my thoughts in my room. I couldn't believe them.