Chapter 47: Forever the Profit

I watched as my father dug a hole in the ground. It had to be about seven feet deep. Big enough for a body. Jazz stood next to me with her face in her hands.

"Dad if he isn't dead, why are you digging a hole?" At this point I didn't know what to do. I just wanted Ben to open his eyes. I wanted him to be alright. I wanted Jazz to stop crying. Dad looked at me. "How do you know he is a demon?"

"Like I said I did some research. There is a demon attached to him. That's what you saw. Whatever demon itself to him is trying bring him back to life. For a human to become a demon they have to have near death experience." Dad picked Ben up off the ground and placed him in the ground.

"From what I know of them." Jazz said wiping her eyes. "Demon must have become part of Ben in some dark part of his life."

"House of Salvation." Ben said he spent time there as a kid because his parents thought something had been wrong with him. "Demons feed on fear, and he fed it all his fears with his nightmares."

Dad covered Ben with the dirt. I couldn't hear his heartbeat. "The darkness of the ground will help." Dad said. Jazz held on to my arm. This is the first time I've ever seen her scared of anything.

"I think this is why he always knew something wasn't normal about us." Jazz said as she walked away. I followed her over to the steps.

"Ben was human." Dad said. "His heart must have gotten so closed off to darkness that Demon awaken. All this happened, made the demon stay." We sat down and watched.

"Demons don't have control. What if Ben isn't who he was before?" I asked Dad. What if he isn't the Ben we knew?

"We have to wait and see." I started replying everything in my head. Everything I could have did right. If Like was dead. The fire, more. I turned and looked at Dad. He looked at me.

"They were right." I said to Dad. He he opened his mouth to say something. I held out my hand. It took a second but a low dim flame appeared in the center of my hand. It didn't hurt. Dad's eyes grew wide.

"It can't be." Dad whispered. Dad suddenly looked worried.

"She stabbed me in the heart Dad. It hurt like hell and my heart did stop. But I'm still alive. I healed and my heart started beating again." My Dad looked at me. For a second his eyes went blank.

"You can't tell anyone Riley. They will take you away. Did anyone see?" He asked panicking.

"The pack saw." Jazz added. "They assume it was normal." What was going on? How did shit get so far out of hand? A few months ago I was just normal teenage. As much a normal teen vampire can be. Now suddenly my best friend was gonna be a Demon and I was this profit of possible destruction. My teacher tried to kill me and bring a man back to life. I have four projects due next week. I haven't picked out what to wear for the spring dance or asked Sophia on a real date. Pretty sure my mom is gonna be pissed I went behind her back and I am unsure if burned down the school.

"Good, because the school is burned down." I turned to see my mom. She smelled like smoke. Her eyes switched to my father's. She had such a cold look that he shuddered a little. "Your Ex girlfriend Ashley, tried to kill me and your son." Dad opened his mouth to say something. "And you." Mom snatched me by my ear.

"Mom that hurts!" I yelled out.

"I told you to stay your ass with your grandparents." She yanked harder and I squirmed. "You burned down school. I don't care if you are the profit you don't.." Just then mom let go of the sound of the dirt shifting. I suddenly since something. Something dark and evil. Something that wasn't like me. We all stood there watching as a hand came up out the ground. I get up to help him but my dad stopped me.