Chapter 39: Forever a Secret

Sophia squeezed my hand tight as her pulse raised. If I had know this movie would have made her this jumpy, I would suggested something else. It made me uneasy seeing her squirm in her seat , just from a movie. It drove me crazy. It was kind of interesting that she wanted to see a vampire movie. I wondered just what she thought of vampire. The movie itself wasn't was interesting as well. It was funny that humans thought vampires couldn't walk in the sun. It was half true, we could walk in the sun. But we needed sun block. Which is why vampires are so pale. No sun block and after an hour in the sun, or skin would become irritated and peal. They had speed and strength thing down. But the garlic thing was funny. Of all the vampire myths, the thing about the wooden stake and crosses was funny. We have our own gods and goddess we believed in. Many of which have the same religion as the gods humans believe in. A cross could do no harm. As for the stake in the heart deal.... All that does is pisses us off. Who the fuck wouldnt get pissed of by a hunk of wood coming out they chest? Where humans go wrong is that they don't remove the heart. Like any species, once the heart is removed the brain can't live. If the heart reminds, our bodies can heal itself. Some of take days depending on the damage. Even if you remove the heart. Fire is the only real way to do it. That's why no vampire can control it. The one thing that can kills us besides venom from another of our kind. No vampire is truly immoral. To be immoral, means nothing can kill you.

I walked with Sophia out the theater. When we got outside I put my hand in hers. I didn't want her to slip on the ice on the side walk. It's been cold here but no snow. Walked to Chili's from there. She was wear a dark green dress and tights. Her boots went up to her knees and her coat was zipped up tight. I should have put on more clothes to seem like the cold would affect me. We got inside and took a seat. A girl with dark brown hair walked over to the table with a wide smile looking at me.

"Hi Riley." She said placing the menu on the table for us to see.

"I didn't know you worked here. You aren't old enough to work." I teased Cali.

"Well we turned sixteen two weeks ago. Had a party and everything." I looked at Sophia. The look on her face she was surprised and upset.

"I'm sorry I missed it." I smiled at Sophia. "Sophia this is my cousin Cali. Her and her brother Caleb go to Rosewood High. Cali this is Sophia my girl friend." Both of them smiled and shook hands.

"Nice to meet you." They both said in unison.

"You two decide on what you want and I'll be back take your order." I nodded at her and looked at the menu.

"Speaking of birthday's. Are you sure you have to leave tomorrow? You won't be here for your birthday or Christmas." She was upset that I told her I was going out of town. I wanted to spend more time with her too.

"Yes. I'm gonna be spending time with my dad." I put the menu down and got up. I pulled my chair closer to her. I sat next to her, watching her face turn red.

"I'll be back for new years. We can do whatever you want to do. As long as it isn't a Scary movie." I teased her and she giggled. My heart always skipped a beat when she did.

"I wasn't that bad was I?" She giggled.

"You watched over half the movie through your fingers." Her beat never really rested. Cali came back to the table. "I would like broccoli soup and the medium rare steak. Potatoes wedges not fries with large coke." I handed her the menu.

"And I would like the grilled shrimp salad." I looked at Sophia.

"Sophia." Our eyes connected. "You don't have to be that way with me. You don't have to pretend with me, you know that." I had already read her mind. I knew that isn't what she really wanted. She thought I would judge her.