Chapter 13: Forever Handsome

"Riley." I turned to the voice behind. It had to be a dream, I had to be sleep. My father stood at the door looking at me.

"Dad?" I asked. Someone else came in behind with hood over their head.

"No, I am." The man said taking off his hood of his cloak. The men just alike, they looked like my dad. I had to be dreaming. At some point I was going to be waking up. "No son, you're wide awake. I stood up and when I did he hugged me tight.

"Who this?" I asked dad looking at the other man who looked at him.

"This would be our other brother." Uncle Kevin said come in the room. I forgot he was up there. I forgot I was suppose to have practice today. Dad let go of me.

"Riley this is your Uncle Darrick, he's my twin. Darrick this is Riley." I went to shake his hand but he hugged me.

"You've been following me." I looked at him then back at mom. "I told you I was seeing dad everywhere." His smell filled my nose

"Yes, I've been following you. I couldn't come closer to you because of your friend." He looked at Jazz who wasn't paying attention. "Wolves scare the hell out of me, and trust me if she thought I was trying to trick you she would rip my arm off."

"I should have figured it was you." Mom said looking upset. Mom said looking at Darrick.

"Why is everyone here?" I asked.

"I was here to surprise you, I saw you at football practice." Damn, who else been watching me today? "Darrick is the only way I can be in town unseen." I looked at him confused. Dad sat me down on the recliner.

"Dad, I want to know everything." I looked at him. He took the long cloak off and shut the the curtains.

"The war was started before you were born and ended after you were two. We didn't always live here and neither did your Jaspers family. It started with a man name Luke. Luke was unkillable and crazy. He knew your mother long before me, and he knew that she could produce a child that could take over the vampire's and humans. He tried to kill me and take your mother. The first battle took place and we lost. I couldn't win against him, he tricked your mother and I had to save her. When I did, he bit me. Jasper was my drudge, by the time they founded him I was gonna be dead. Your mother cut her arm and give me her blood so I could live. But I bit her and my blood exchanged with hers. In the matter of seconds, my blood took over her. Your mother went after him, not in control of her self. When she did, she took part of Luke's soul to this day we don't know how she did it. When she did, his body started to slowly die. As revenge he took me in weak state."

"Then what?" I asked.

"Your father was gone for almost two years." Mom said looking at her hands. "Those two years I was in college as cover. But Jasper and Darrick stood by my side. We all grew and trained. The next battle happened with me and trained assassin. I thought she was my friend, but she was just sent by Luke to kill me. But in the end she died. She thought Jasper was a vampire, and killed him. To save him, I bit him and he became mine. I killed her and we set in motion a plan. The war took place in Denmark, he fought till we found your father. Luke died that night. At that time his intentions as to what he wanted with me was still unclear. It wasn't tell I started working for the vampire court police." Darrick stepped forward.

"At that time a cult started to appear. Luke's followers wanted to finish his work. They wanted to find the profit. The profit could in slave humans. They weren't getting anywhere till you were born. The day you born and every year since. Light strikes no matter how clear the skype is. It signified something powerful. The day you turned two was the last battle. Jazz's mother helped with the battle. The cult tried to take you away after we found out you weren't the profit. But they saw the lighting and saw that they would never let you live as normal child." I was quiet as they kept talking.