Chapter 17: Forever Dead*

I listened as my Uncle talk to the class about chapter six. I couldn't really call what I doing "listening" it was more like trying not to fall asleep. I was up for the last four nights with no sleep, now all I wanted to do was sleep. To make things worse my braces was driving me crazy. Now I see why babies cried when their teeth came in. It's such an annoying ass feeling. I was glad when the bell rang for lunch.

"You okay?" My Uncle said looking over his glasses at me.

"Yeah, just tried." He raised an eyebrow at me. He reached into his drawer.

"Don't think you're gonna want to drink this. But it should wake you up." The class was now empty. Uncle Kevin handed me a small little vil, it looked light blood.

"What kind is this?" I opened the little cap and smelled it. It was pretty strong. "Rabbit? Dee?" It was smelled amazing.

"Type O" I looked at my Uncle.

"As in...."

"Yep human." He replied to me. I looked at the bottle, I've never had human blood before. "It's not much, but its enough to give you energy. Don't think your folks will mind." Just then I heard dad's thought cut into mine. Sometimes I forgot that he often kept in eye on me. My mind was always open to look at.

"Yeah, he says he isn't sure I am ready for human blood again." Dad had good reason to think that way, we never knew what could happen to me. Neither of parents didn't take well to human blood. Dad said the first time he had human blood he made the mistake of kill a women. Mom said senses always kicked it more and she didn't like how it made her feel sometimes. "I'll try a little." I took sip. The second a drop touched my tongue everything changed. Sight, smell, sound, touch...all of my senses kicked in. My moved and wire snapped cut the inside of my month.

"Riley..."My Uncle came to my side.

"Its like someone opened up gate inside of me." I reached in bent the wire back in place. "How long with last?"

"You didn't have a lot, so your body should burn it off soon. Your body is use to animal blood, so it's probably confused." I turned and looked at him. I could smell them....humans.

"I can smell them." And it made me hungry. I felt like my body had been asleep this whole time. "But I also smell food." I picked up my backpack. I breathed and everything settled in me.

"Riley you gonna be okay?" I nodded my head at.

"I'll see you later okay." I gave him the bottle back. My braces where still annoying the absolute shit out of me. It was getting worse really, my teeth hurt a little. Probably should ask mom to take me to get things checked up. I went in the lunch room and got in the line. When I got out the line something too my attention. I could see Sophia sitting with group of the popular kids. Her face turned a bright red and she saw me standing there. I walked and put my tray down next to Ben.

"You had human blood...on campus?" Jazz whispered to me. Damn, forgot she could smell it.

"Yeah only a little. Ben gave me some of his before, for some reason human blood wakes her senses and powers." Ben slammed his fork down on the table.

"Dude it's been two weeks. What's with all the blushing between your and Sophia? What the hell happened between you too." I scratched my head, I might have forgot to tell him.

"I told her I liked her and we kissed." Both of them looked wide eyed at me. Jazz got up and walked off "Where is she going?" Jazz went over to Sophia and grabbed her by her arm. Both girls walked out of the lunch room together.