Chapter 16: Forever Kissed

The music was so loud, I couldn't hear my own thoughts. I stood motionless against the wall. My mind was focused on the pain that was in my mouth. I swear having braces was a curse. Seem like I would never get them off. The party was very crowded, which is why I was standing here all alone. I didn't know where my friends were. I was also on the lookout Sophia. I closed my eyes and relaxed my shoulders. I searched in the crowd. For her soft, sweet fragrance. I opened my eyes when i found her.

Sophia was dressed in all white. A gold band wrapped around her head, with halo over her head. Sophia was truly an angel, if only she knew. As if she had been waiting for me she spotted me across the room. Her long legs came moving in my direction. my heart started to race. Suddenly, i didn't know what to say. What could i possibly talked to her about? Each curl in her hair bounced as she walked.

"You just gonna stand there the whole night?" I heard her speak, but my mind went blank.

"I don't..." Words came out in a soft mumble. A look of confusion spread across her face.

"Im sorry if i bothered you." Sophia then turned to walk away.

"Wait!!!" I didn't realize how loud i was until everyone turned around. She looked at me with the same confused expression. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I opened my notepad app and wrote something. Sophia took my hand and led me thru the crowd. It was kind of cute how she dragged me around. It made others stop and look at her. Sophia held on to my hand as we went outside. She dropped my hand and looked at me

"Riley, you don't have to be nervous to talk to me." Her hazel eyes looked over my face. As if she could see into my soul. " or is it because you don't like me?"

"Soph I..." Her eyes begin to water which stopped me from speaking this time.

"Whats going on here?" Maybe I was imagining it but felt like my braces had moved when I heard the voice coming from the left of us.

"Go away..." I said to Stone, was glaring back at us. I wasn't in the mood of this. As if the beat down at they gave me a few days ago wasn't enough for the.

"Lets go somewhere else Sophia." Sophia turned to take my hand, but Dunbar had reached out and pushed her. Sophia tripped over a rock and fell to the ground. When she did I could smell; the blood. My braces felt tight again.

"My fuckiung problem is you!" Stone shoved me but I didn't move. "I don't get why anyone wants to got out with you

"You know Dylan, I know I'm a freak." Dylan was Stone's first name. "I know I'm weird and I look emo. I get that no one really likes me. And I'm happy with that, that I bug you. That I can be happy when you aren't. So you pick on me everyday because your life is shit."

I pushed Stone and he stumbled.

"That's funny coming from you brace face?" Dunbar said to me.

"You know, you're even worse Michael." Dunbar looked at me pissed that me because I said his real name. "You follow behind Stone like a his little puppet. Your weak and coward." I could hear his thoughts a lot now. He never really wanted to do half the things Stone did. He did it just to fit in. I saw Stone to punch me, I moved out the way and let his hand smack the car window behind me. Dunbar took a swing at me, but I pushed him. When I did he fell to ground hard. Idea I have even pushed him that hard. I stood over him ready to punch him in the face.

"RILEY!" Jazz's voice grabbed my attention. I then noticed Ben and Jazz watching me. Everyone was looking at me.

"Stay out of it" I told them both. I could see the look of shock on both their face. I looked at Stone who was holding his hand.