Chapter 46: Forever In Flames

I could feel both my grandparents looking at me across the dinner table. I blinked a second trying to focus. Grandpa called my name, but before I knew my body had hit the floor. My body was on fire. I was so hot. I couldn't tell if I was asleep or passed out. But when I opened my eyes I was in my Dad's room. I dug around and found my phone. I had about eight missed calls and a bunch a text.

"What?" I said after I heard Jazz pick up. She growled in the phone.

"I don't know where you are. But get to the school. Ben took out two of the guns from my pack and broken into the downtown museum and.." Suddenly there was cash and the call hung up. I got up out the bed.

"You're going to leave aren't you?" Somehow I had already knew gramps standing there. I started putting on shoes.

"I have to go, my friends need me." I turned and looked at him. He was reaching in the closet.

Gramps pulled out a leather jacket. "I had zero intentions on on stopping you kid." He handed me the jacket. "Sometimes we have to do whatever we can to save the ones we love." I put the leather jacket on. It was a little big on me.

"Thanks Gramps." I opened up the window and jumped out. I took off to the school. Jazz's sent was sent. I stood outside to school. The moon was already high. Knowing my mom, she was already looking for Ben. Jazz's parents would be looking for her soon. I had to do something. I couldn't do nothing. The moon was high. I listened the inside of the school. I started walked around the side of the building to see the gym door open. My fangs slide out. I prepared myself. Soon as step foot in I could see Ben standing around some sort of gold plated casket. The markings were ancient vampiric letters. I wasn't good at reading it. But knew enough to read the name. "Luke". This was it. This is what Ms. Powell was doing. She was going resurrect Luke. Ben looked up and spotted me.

"Looks like you are in time for the show." Ben smiled at me. His skin was almost white and the dark circles on his face stood. He pointed to the corner of the gym. Jazz laid there on the floor not moving. I ran to her. I put my hand on her chest. Her heart was still beating.

"Jazz get up." Her eyes opened and she growled at me. "Relax it's me." I could see a gash on her head. It was healing slowly.

"He hit me with rock when I was outside the school." We looked at Ben who was sitting on the bleachers.

"It's too late Riley." Ben said laughing. "You can't save me and you can't win against Powell." I was at his side in a second. I grabbed him by his shirt.

"Snap of it Ben. I know you're in there and can hear and see everything. You have to fight this from the inside." Ben picked me up into the air and slammed me to the floor causing the hardwood floor to crackle.

"Ben can't fit me. Powell didn't make me this way. Just brought out a dark side he couldn't face." I remember the door inside Ben. It was dark damn near evil. Ben went flying to the floor. Jazz was on top of him.

"I DON'T CARE WHO OR WHAT YOU ARE. WE WANT BEN BACK!" Jazz punched him the face. I could hear heels clicking against the floor. Mrs. Powell stood over Jazz.

She had her nose turned up. "You make me sick." She grabbed Jazz by her hair and throw her into the bleachers. The bleachers gave way and broke.

"Jazz!" I went to her side again. There was blood pouring out of her. There was a bone sticking out.

"I fucking hate wolves." Mrs. Powell said. "They stink, it makes me sick. Day after day of you sitting in my classroom. " Her eyes darted to me. "And you. Don't know why Luke thought your whore mother could create the profit. You're just some dumb ass kid." I rushed at her not thinking. She fell into the coffin. I dug my nails into the side of her face. Someone was behind me. I moved back. I looked to see Ben holding a long dagger.