Chapter 3: Forever Vampire and Wolf

I stared at the t.v. for a long time. My mom would come out the kitchen any second and get on me about how bad Jazz and I messed up the living room. I should get off the sofa and clean up but it was the summer, so I had time to be lazy. I heard Jazz’s phone buzz on the floor. Jazz reached out the slipping back and  dragged the phone under the blanket. I looked at the tv. How the hell did anyone watch this show on Cartoon Network. I clicked the tv guide to see what the name of it was. “Uncle Grandpa” You seriously had to stoned off your ass to watch this. The show  made no sense to me at all.  Mom came out the kitchen I could feel her standing behind me.

“You two plan on spending all day in the living room again?” Mom asked. She leaned over the sofa and kissed my forehead. Her long red hair touching my cheeks.

“Don’t know, have to see where the day takes us.”  Mom gave me a look. “Yeah yeah, clean the living room up.” Mom grinned.

“Breakfast is almost done, I got something in the kitchen for you.” My mom went upstairs. It was Friday which means she had work till tonight. My mom had pretty cool job, being the vampire police and all. My dad told me she kicks major ass, but I’ve never seen it.  I took the pillow up under me and throw it at Jazz’s sleeping bag.

“Dude, what the hell.” Jazz sat up and wrapping her blanket around her. Telling me she didn’t have on any cloths.

“I swear we are getting too comfortable being around each other.” I told her. I’ve seen her naked way  more than anyone should see their best friend naked.

“I’m wolf you asstard, I run really hot when I sleep so deal with it. I don’t ever see you sleep in a shirt when I sleep over.” I rolled my eyes at her.  I can’t began to explain how I became friends with a wolf. It’s not like my kind and her kind didn’t get along. It was very uncommon for the two to be around each other.

“It’s my house, I shouldn’t have to.” Jazz rolled her eyes went up to bathroom. I got up and went to my room and got dressed. When I came back down stairs Jazz had started picking up the living room.  Mom came down stairs.

“Morning Mrs. H.” Jazz said to her. My mom smiled.

“Good Morning dear, hope you two plan on staying out of trouble today.” My mom said to both of us. My mom loved Jazz, she never was too surprised when Jazz stayed over. I think my mom was glad I had friends really, no matter if they were wolves.

“Yes, we are just gonna hang at the mall. Ben asked to hang out today.” I shoot Jazz a look, when the hell was she gonna tell me this? Then again that explains her phone buzzing.

“That’s good, I don’t wanna have to tell you dad what you been up too.” Mom went into the kitchen. You see Jazz wasn’t just my friend, she was kind of my cousin. My Uncle Jasper is my mom’s drudge. He was human, but he married into clan of wolves. They had Jazz and her two older younger brothers.  “Come on you two breakfast is ready.”  We went in the kitchen. My mom always made a lot of food, mostly because Jazz ate A LOT.  I went to the basement and came back with blood. I sat it on the table.

“Something came for you yesterday in the mail.” Mom said as she passed me envelope. There was no address on it, and half the name on it was fake. Mason was my middle name, but Havaton wasn’t. It was a fake name I used to get mail from dad.

“It’s from dad.” I wanted to open it now, but I wanted to wait till I was a lone.

“I talked to him a few nights ago, he’s in germany. We both think it’s best that you start your training. You're gonna have to learn to defend yourself.” She sat two plates in front of us.

“Cool, finally learning vampire stuff. Who is gonna teach me?” I started stuffing my face with bacon and sipping down blood.

“Your dad explained in his letter about all that.” My mom pulled out her purse. “We also thought since you’ll be starting high school soon, you’ll need a cellphone.” I damn near broke my neck when I turned around. Mom pulled out a cellphone from her purse and gave it to me.

“Sweet, I finally get my own phone” Mom pulled her hand back with the the phone.

“These doesn’t mean you should run up the phone bill. I got you a phone so I don’t have to worry where you are. This is test of your responsibility Riley, don’t abuse your new freedom.”  She said to me.

“Mom I promise I won’t. God, have some faith in your son.” She gave me the phone.

“I set a few numbers in  there myself. And if you give me a reason to use that tracing device in that phone Riley I will.” I rolled my eyes but she hit me with the news paper. Jazz giggled.

“I saw that.” Mom kissed my cheek and Jazz’s. “You can stay out till 8:30, no later. You have any money?”

“i got like a twenty.” She started digging in her purse.”Lock the doors when you leave and you need get backpack and school supplies too. Don’t come back here with video games, get stuff you need. ” Mom gave me some money.

“Have good day Mrs. H.” Jazz said finally looking away from her plate. Mom zoomed out the door. “How much money she gave you this time?” I started counting it.

“An even two-hundred.” I knew my mom counted the money she gave me. I knew she was aware that she gave me a large amount. Normally when she did give me this much it meant it was suppose to last the whole month.

“Dude your mom is fucking awesome.” Jazz put her plate in the sink. “We better get going, the bus to Ben’s house will pass in about twenty-mins. I gulped down the blood. I finished cleaning up the living room before we left. We rode the bus to Ben’s stop where he got on at. From there we went to the mall.  

“Dude can’t one of you fly or something. I’m tired of riding the bus.” Ben said to me and Jazz.

“We are a wolf and a vampire, not fuck witches .” Jazz told him. We had to talk a small walk to the mall.  Ben was human, nothing supernatural about the guy. Ben started hanging around us when he moved town. One day he saw my eyes change colors and he didn’t want to let it go. Jazz was missing school a lot.  We had no choice but to come clean.

“Well I don’t know what you are. Not sure if your Jazz or Jasmine today.” Ben told her. He was talking about her cloths. She was dressed like a guy today. When I say dress like a guy, I mean it’s hard to tell that she even is a girl.  She told me that sometimes she felt like a guy and other days she felt like a girl but didn’t know which one she really was. She didn’t know if she likes girls or guys.

“It’s Jazz you piece of shit.” She punched him in the arm. “You just jealous cause even as a guy I have more style than you.”  I started laughing.