Chapter 7 |EDITED|

"Oh my God, Gabby, where the hell are you? I'm deeply sorry for what occurred. Why didn't you call me sooner? Are you safe? Oh my God, I can't believe they're dead. Are you OK?" He rambled on. I felt the tears start, but I decided to fight them off.

I moved the phone from my ears and closed my eyes, inhaling and exhaling.

"Yeah, I'm OK. I miss you," I told him, while tears silently ran down my face. What kind of friend am I? He was concerned about me, and I didn't even call him.

"You know I miss you too. Where are you?" He asked softly. Although he's my best friend, I don't want to give away my location to him or anyone. Mr. and Mrs. Grey will not share my location, and they won't be targeted, because they're not known by the Mafia.

"You know I can't say anything, but I'm fine; don't worry," I assured him. I wish I could go back in time and prevent all of this. I miss everyone.

We talked for what felt like hours. He promised to keep me updated on everything in Jamaica and I told him that I would be okay. I hope I will be.

"You okay?" Alec said. I forgot that he was even in the room. I sniffed and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm good," I told him, but he knew that was far from the truth. We were quiet for a while, which I was really happy about.

"Jayden and I have been best friends since I could remember. He's like my brother. As I told Alec about him, I smiled to myself,

"Loving, funny, comforting, selfless. When I escaped after my parents died, I forgot all about him. They were like his parents as well. I knew how devastated he felt hearing the news, even though I wasn't there. " At this point, I was full-on crying my eyes out and hyperventilating. I knew I promised I wasn't going to cry again, but I couldn't help it.

"He had to be concerned, wondering where I was and if I was safe. And I had the audacity to ignore him; I'm a terrible friend, a terrible sister, a terrible daughter, I-I "

Alec approached me, hugged me, and shushed me. I couldn't help the salty tears sprinting down my face. He was trying to calm me, but my mind kept running. Because of how hard I was crying, my lungs weren't taking in enough air and I started wheezing. I clung to Alec's shoulders tightly with my eyes wide; I couldn't breathe.

"Gabrielle, look at me and breathe slowly in and out."

His voice was distorted, and I became too weak to breathe. My eyelids felt heavy and I just succumbed to the darkness.

--

I felt a bright light in my face, which caused me to squinch my eyes. I placed my hand over my eyes to stop the light from blinding me. I turned to my right and opened my eyes, and saw that I was in my new room. How did I get here? I mentally questioned myself. I sat up on the bed and cracked my neck, hands, and back.

I got off the bed and stood up. As soon as I was on my feet, I felt very lightheaded. I quickly closed my eyes and placed my hands on the side of my head.

Alec rushed to my side, clutching my hands."Are you all right?"I realized that it was Alec who asked.

It took a while, but eventually, it wore off. I exhaled and opened my eyes,

"Yeah, I'm good, just stood up too fast I guess I smiled and said.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm good, I'm good," I said, walking to the bathroom. I locked the door and yawned, walking to the toilet to pee.

After I was done, I walked to the sink and washed my hands. When I looked in the mirror at myself, I didn't know who I was looking at. My eyes looked so empty and dark circles invaded my eyes. Tears stained my face and my skin looked dull. Just looking at myself had a negative impact on my mood. I bent down and washed my face with plain water.

I exited the bathroom and sat on the bed. I felt depression starting to rise, but I didn't want to go down that road. When I checked the time, it was just 7:30 am. I saw a bag of clothes in the room and sorted out what I wanted to wear. I decided on a white wife beater and black basketball shorts.

I went back to the bathroom to have a bath. I decided that I needed to just relax, so a bath would definitely do it. I clogged up the sink and started running warm water. I found a nice-smelling vanilla body wash and squeezed some into the tub. After it reached its consistency, I undressed and got in.

I placed my foot on it and slid my body down. It felt so euphoric and relaxing. A little smile appeared on my face. I submerged everything except for my head. It felt as if all my troubles were dispersed into the water and replaced with tranquility.

I began to close my eyes so I could enjoy the bath more. Eventually, I was so relaxed and comfortable, I fell asleep. It was the best sleep I've had in a while, until I was woken up.

Someone shook me out of my sleep and kept calling my name. I opened my eyes to adjust to the situation. I realized that I was falling asleep in the tub and Alec was in the bathroom. My eyes widened and I immediately brought my knees to my chest and used my hands to cover as much as possible.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" I asked, very annoyed. No one was supposed to see me so exposed.

"Relax, I didn't see anything. I was calling you to come to breakfast, but I heard no sound, so I thought you had blacked out again," Alec said.

I wasn't really upset anymore because it was my fault I fell asleep. Sorry, not sorry, I slept, and it was wonderful. Wait, black out? When did I black out?

"Can you pass me a towel please and turn around?" I asked and he did, walking into my room. I placed the towel around me and followed behind him, sitting on my bed.

"What exactly do you mean by 'black out again?'" I questioned.

He sighed and turned to me. "Last night, you were telling me about your friend and you were saying bad things about yourself. Then you started to cry and hyperventilate to the point where you blacked out. "

"Oh my God," I gasped and placed my hand over my mouth. I can't believe this happened to me. Ever since I woke up this morning, I felt weird, but I didn't question it. I need to stop stressing myself out.

"Don't worry, you were just having a panic attack. I used to have them all the time when I was younger. I just brought you to your room for you to recover. " In a gentle tone, he said it.

That was actually nice of him to do that. I smiled at him. "Thank you," I said sincerely.

He laughed, "No problem. I'm just being a gentleman. Get ready and come down for breakfast," he said walking to the door.

"Yes, sir," I replied and saluted.

"By the way, the Greys have been asking for you, and I told them you were fine, just tired."He said and left.

I just smiled to myself. I think we may just get along. I'm glad he didn't tell them because they would have been worried and wanted to stay and bring me to the hospital.

I closed my door and got dressed and headed to the living room.

XOXO ~TORI