Chapter 18 |EDITED|

Looking at the tracking system, I was a couple of minutes behind them. I know I came here to gain their trust and to help me, but I'm really enjoying myself. I turned left on an abandoned road and saw the SUVs parked closely together. I parked behind them and got out.

Shows and books make this look exciting, but I'm actually scared right now. Outside, was chilly and eerily quiet.

Pow! Pow!

"Oh shit," I said when I heard two shots fired from outside and ducked behind one of the vehicles. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I tried to calm myself down before moving.

I slowly crept around the vehicle and saw that no one was around. I took out my handgun and tightly held it and walked towards the door.

Before opening it, I heard someone whispering around the corner. I looked behind me and saw no one, so I walked closer to the person. I peered out and saw a man in the darkness talking on what I assumed was his phone.

"Ubedites', chto bol', okhrannikov nakhodyatsya v strakhe s gruzom, Antonov zdes, napadayet na nas.... Mne plevat', sdelay eto seychas, inache ya tebya lichno ub'yu"  [Ensure that more guards are at the bay with the shipment, Antonov is here and attacking us... I don't give a fuck. Do it now or I'll personally kill you]

My eyes widened as I realized Andrei needed to know where the shipment was, so I had to go in. I was too busy thinking, not realizing that I was now caught. He ran up to me, but I somehow couldn't move from my spot. Just as he was about to grab me, I closed my eyes and punched him.

When I reopened my eyes, he was laying flat on the ground. I let out a breath and kissed my fist, satisfied with my performance.

I ran back to the door and opened it. The place must be soundproof because when I opened the door, chaos was all over. Everyone was fighting or shooting at each other.

I was looking for Andrei or Max, to tell them about the bay, but I couldn't spot any of them. I walked through the fight carefully and had to dodge a few fists and shots. I saw some stairs and decided to go up.

I saw Andrei and some of his men surrounding some people I'd never seen before. I couldn't see or hear them clearly because I was quite far away, and I didn't want to get caught.

Nonetheless, I took my time, getting closer by the minute, but still within distance. It looked like Andrei wasn't getting the answer he wanted because I saw him raise his right hand and shoot a man straight in the head. He didn't even turn his head. His eyes looked so cold and they became darker. I was so shocked. I hadn't known him that long, but it was the first time I had seen him like that. I was completely afraid.

I saw some men approaching them with raised guns. I acted impulsively and shot them. Andrei and everyone immediately turned around and saw the men on the floor, and were looking to see who shot them. When they turned back around, I walked closer towards them.

Andrei shifted his gaze away, and one of the men drew a gun to his head. My breath stopped for a while and I stood up, aiming my gun at him. I heard him getting ready to pull the trigger and I shot his hand, making him drop the gun. Andrei acted quickly and shot him.

He then turned around and saw me. My eyes widened looking at his very angry face and I moved to my left and hid behind the column, but he could still see me. He came towards me and placed his index and thumb on his nose. I remained rooted looking at him. He looked at me with clenched jaws and angry eyes. I awkwardly smiled at him and he just ignored me and pulled me into the room.

I stood in the corner just looking at them talking to each other. He must have been furious because he hadn't said anything to me. Someone came to the room and told Andrei to come to another room. He grabbed my shoulder and yanked me into the room with him.

Oh my God. I saw a man around the same age as Andrei. He wore a suit just like him, and his demeanor screamed dangerousness. I definitely knew he was the boss. Are all Russian male leaders this handsome?

He stood beside a man who was a little older than him and he looked like a creep.

The creep's eyes landed on me and he smiled, then he looked at Andrei.

"Aww, Antonov, did you bring her here for me?"He stated.

Thank goodness they're fluent in English. Andrei didn't answer him, but his grip on me tightened. I made a disgusted face and scoffed at him. "You wish," I said.

"Ah, American! And what is the name of this melanin queen?" inquired the dashing man. His voice. His voice. Omg.

I literally giggled when he said that, and he smiled at me. What the hell is wrong with me? I quickly composed myself and held my hand out, but Andrei stopped me.

"Protective are we?" He said, at Andrei's action. I held my hand out again and shook his.

 "Gabrielle", I said, and he repeated it. He told me that his name was Nikolai, but I could call him Nik.

They started talking about business and I zoned them out. Nik said that he destroyed the shipment, but I knew that it was a lie. They came to a conclusion and, finally, we could go home. Home.

"Goodbye Gabrielle, hope to see you again"

I laughed a little, "Goodbye Nik"

We all walked outside quietly and I walked over to the SUV I was driving. Apparently, Andrei had other plans. He opened the passenger door and threw me, yes, threw me in, and then he started driving. The whole ride was quiet, so I just looked out the window.

When we reached the house, I got out and headed to my room. However, his voice stopped me: "My office," he barked at me as he marched away.

I sighed and followed behind him. He sat behind his desk and I stood fidgeting in front of him.

"I am in charge here, not you. When I give an order, I expect it to be followed. Am I CLEAR?"

"Yes," I replied, my head bowed and trembling. I was so scared because he gave me the exact same look he did right before he shot that man.

He told me to sit and I did. I apologized and told him why I went and how I pulled it off.

He even punished me. I was supposed to stay in his office and be his personal assistant for the entire day. I didn't bother arguing with him because I just wanted to go to my room and cry my eyes out.

"You may go to your room," he said dismissively, and I did, until I remembered about the shipment. I opened the door and turned to him, just as I felt a tear run down my face.

"Nikolai lied. "The shipment is at the bay," I announced as I walked away.

XOXO ~TORI
Gabby🥺