Chapter 5 |EDITED|

I sighed nervously as I unbuckled myself from the seatbelt. I sat up and went back to the room and grabbed my backpack.

I returned to the plane and exited to find Mr. and Mrs. Grey waiting for me outside. As I stepped outside, I observed how the temperature was not much different from that in Jamaica, which I love. I have no time to get used to the new temperature.

We walked quietly from the private landing pad through the airport. "I called a driver to drop us off at the house while we were on our way, and the housekeeper was tidying up," Mr. Grey explained. I just nodded. I was too busy looking at Zambia. That's actually quite a nice name. It sounds like it could be a child's name.

As we reached the doors of the airport, two huge men walked up to us. One in front and one behind, while Mr. Grey is on my right and Mrs. Grey on my left. I sighed and just rolled with the punches. I'm kind of used to it by now.

We arrived at the airport and were directed to a black range rover. I almost fainted there and then. I love, love, love range rovers. My dream car is a white Range Rover Sport with gold rims. If you don't like the Range Rover, I suppose we're done.

I tried not to be awkward, and I kept my smile and joy to myself. As we approached the car, a young man greeted us. He was no more than 27 years old and stood 6'2 in height. He was quite good looking, dressed in a black suit and a white shirt. He gave off a friendly vibe. He smiled at all of us and bowed his head.

"Good day ladies," he said with a warm smile to me and Mrs. Grey, before turning to Mr. Grey and saying, "Sir."

"My name is Alec. I will be driving you to your residence, and will answer any questions you might have," Alec said. We all nodded and he opened the back door for us to go in. When my body touched the leather seats, oh my God, it felt so euphoric.

Mr. Grey took the front seat and began talking to Alec about the environment and my safety. I was wondering why he was giving the driver information. I looked between the two and Mrs. Grey touched my arm and I looked over at her. She smiled and whispered to me,

"It's OK, honey, you can trust him". I just nodded and cocked my head out the window.

I watched people walking along the sidewalks. Children talk with their friends as they walked home from school.

 Children talk with their friends as they walked home from school

Alec was watching me, quietly, waiting. I walked up to the front porch and opened the door. I thought the outside was beautiful, but so was the inside. Awestruck. Wow. My mouth was open as I took in my new environment.

When I walked in, I was greeted by the living room, which was tastefully decorated. Our family portrait was on the wall and I felt so at home and warm. I ignored everyone and took a tour on my own. I discovered that the house had four bedrooms and two bathrooms. As I opened the last bedroom door, I was instantly in love.

The walls were gray and the ceiling was white. The floor of the room was covered with a soft, comfortable rug. I took my footwear off, so I could feel the softness. The bed was in the center of the room, facing the sliding windows. White sheets and pillows were layered across the bed. I walked over to the door on my right inside the room, and realized that it was a huge closet space.

"I guess this will be your room." I jumped back in surprise when I noticed Alec leaning against the wall in the room. I closed the closet door and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied. We stayed silent, and I walked over to the window and looked out at the beautiful neighbourhood. The breeze from outside hit my face and I inhaled it.

"I just wanted to express my condolences to you. They were good people, and they treated me as their own. " He predicted that things would improve soon.

"How do you know that?" I responded with a snarky tone. He gave me a sad smile as I turned around to look at him.

"I lost my parents when I was younger. Your parents helped me to get adopted and paid for everything I needed. I was so devastated when they died, but eventually, it got a little better. "It just takes time," he explained.

I sighed. "I'm really sorry to hear about your parents," I said sincerely.

"It's okay, that was a long time ago," he replied. "Come on down, dinner is ready," he said, and I nodded and went down to the dining room.

XOXO ~TORI