Chapter 2 |EDITED|

I ran back to my room after breakfast to get my purse because I needed to go get my dress for my parents' anniversary tomorrow. Every year, they throw a party to celebrate. I have already scheduled my dress appointment and done my measurements, so today I am going to see if it fits.

I ran back downstairs and saw my mom sitting in the living room.

"Hey, mom, where's dad? I wanted to go get my dress for tomorrow".

I don't really need his permission, but I have to tell him whenever I'm going out so he doesn't have a heart attack thinking I have been kidnapped. Once again, a story for another day.

"He's in the office, hon," my mom replied, and I went to the office.

Two guards were just outside the door at opposite ends. When they saw me, they bowed their heads and knocked on the mahogany glass doors, waiting to be acknowledged. I heard a faint 'come in' and they opened the door for me. I replied with a small thank you and went in. My dad was seated behind his desk with his glasses on, focusing on his computer.

"Hi Dad," I said and he looked up with a warm smile. My father always makes time to talk to me, no matter how busy he is.

"Hey, sweetheart, what's up?" he said.

"I'm going to go with Jay to pick up my dress for tomorrow, just letting you know".

"Does he have to go with you?" he replied with a scowl. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Dad, come on, we're just friends, and think about this. I will have him, plus James and CJ. I will be safe," I told him with a puppy dog face. James is my personal driver and CJ is my bodyguard. He sighed and placed his hand on his forehead and I smiled, knowing that it had worked.

"Okay, fine, anything for you," he said and jumped up and down and I ran over to hug him.

"OK, bye," I said as I was about to leave, and he called me back and handed me his card.

I grew up having everything I ever wanted. I was proud that my family didn't just throw money on me and leave me be, but they were there, showering me with love along with riches. If it was for my education or a gift, then I would take their money, but if it was a personal need or want, I would use my own money from my online job. It's not much, but it's adequate.

"Dad, I have my own money. I'll pay for my own dress," I said dismissively. I hated when my dad offered to buy me things. I wanted to be independent and earn my own money.

I quickly left his office before he could stop me. I walked out of the front door entrance and saw Jay waiting for me, with his phone in his hand. When he heard me coming, he looked at me worriedly.

"Gabby, what's wrong?" he asked me.

"Nothing, I'm fine, let's go," I mumbled softly. I started walking out the door, only to be lifted off the ground by Jay. I squeaked loudly and started kicking him.

"Put me down, you idiot," I yelled.

"Not until you change your attitude," he said and I remained silent, laying down, folding my arm across my chest whilst upside down. He pretended to drop me and I shouted out loudly.

"Okay, okay, I'm fine, really," I said.

"Promise?" he asked,

"Promise," I said.

We got in the limo and headed to the store to get my dress.

--

"Hi Ms. Patrice," I said to the dressmaker as I saw her sitting in front of the sewing machine with her glasses all the way to her nose.

"Hello, dear, your dress is ready, so go try it on," she said.

I smiled at her and went to the changing room, leaving the bodyguard in the doorway, while Jay followed me. It was a long pink-colored gown that looked stunning on my figure.

 It was a long pink-colored gown that looked stunning on my figure

I was absolutely in love with this dress.

"Oh Ms. P, this looks wonderful," I gushed whilst walking out of the changing room.

She had a bright smile on her face as she saw me, proud of her work. I paid her and went back to the car, heading back home.

I got out of the car and gave CJ my dress to take to my room. Jay said we should go swimming in the pool, but I wanted to see my father first. I walked to his office and the guards knocked again. Every day was the same routine.

My dad was standing near the huge window looking down. "Daaad" I yelled running over to him. I hugged him from behind. He laughed and turned around to hug me. I told him about the dress and other things; we have a close relationship and I don't know what would happen if I lost him and my mom.

I could tell something was bothering him, but I just ignored it, probably work stress. "Anyway, dad, I'll be at the pool with Jay," I said and kissed him on the cheek. But he held my wrist and pulled me into his lap.

"You know I love you, right?" he replied."Yes, dad, I love you too, and are you okay?" I asked, looking at him with suspicion. I'm starting to think something is wrong. He smiled at me, but it didn't reach his eyes. OK, I'm getting worried.

"Dad?"

"I'm okay sweetheart, just wanted you to know," he said. I looked at him for a while and then smiled. I started to walk out of the office, but what he said stopped me for a while. He said,

"La tebya lyublyu" (I love you in Russian). I don't know Russian very well, but my dad taught me that line, but we have never used it. I just walked out of the office with a concerned face and headed to the pool. I didn't get in the pool because I wasn't in the mood. I just kept Jay company.

--

After that, Jay went home and I headed back inside and saw my mom in the living room watching TV. I went up to her and hugged her. "OK, I'm going to bed early; I love you," I said.

"Oh, honey, are you okay? Do you want something to eat?" She bombarded me with questions. I smiled at her.

"I'm fine, mom, just not in the mood," I said while heading to my room.

XOXO~TORI