Chapter 14 |EDITED|

He stared at my face for what felt like hours. He didn't blink at all, but I wasn't going to back down because I really wanted to join him. I could tell that he was scanning my face, looking for something.

He backed up from my face and was now fully erect. He placed his hands in his pants pocket and started pacing around. "Hmm, why is that?" His deep testosterone voice echoed through the room.

My mind spun fast for an answer. "Because I defeated your best warriors," I stated confidently. He raised an eyebrow. I sighed and added, "I know they're your best warriors, else they wouldn't be around you."

He gave me a death stare and clenched his teeth really hard. "I'm not going to repeat myself again. If a lie is the next thing coming out your mouth I'll kill you right here, da!" He yelled angrily at me and cocked his gun to the side of my head.[Yes]

At this point, I was starting to panic. This was the calm before the storm, and I never want to be on his bad side again."All right, all right."I began inhaling and exhaling to control the rate of my heartbeat.

"My name is Gabrielle. I'm 21. I was at my house one day when someone came in, attacked, and killed my parents. He was going to kill me also, but I escaped with my life. I never want to be that scared person again. I trained myself to fight and I always carry a weapon for protection. I fought your warriors. I can be an asset to you, please!" At this point, I was full-on crying and pleading. At least some of the things I said were true, but he didn't need to know that.

As I heard the gun cock at my head, I quickly closed my eyes."I'm telling the truth, please!" I said. My eyes remained closed and, after a while, I felt the gun removed from my head. I still held my eyes tightly closed until he spoke up.

"The only reason you're staying is that you managed to fight my warriors. I can't have you running around the streets of Russia."He said.

I mentally let out a breath of relief. It actually worked. I was scared for a second because I thought he was really going to shoot me.

I saw him walking towards the door to leave, but I yelled out to him. "Wait"

He stopped abruptly without turning around. Rude. "If I'm staying, aren't you going to untie me?" I said, hopefully. He ignored me and started walking again. He pulled open the door, but I called to him before he left.

"Wait," I shouted again. He grunted and stopped while his hand was on the knob. 

"What?" He answered like I was stressing him.

I didn't want to stay here, so I said the first thing that came to mind. "What's your name?" I rushed and said.

He slightly turned around so I could see his face. I thought he was going to answer, but he held his face straight, smirked, and walked out. Really? Smirking bastard.

I started jerking in the chair to get myself comfortable. I sighed in frustration and then I reached over with my right hand and used my teeth to untie the rope. It was difficult at first, but after a few attempts, I finally loosened my hand. I reached over to the tool tray and took up the scissors. I cut the remaining rope with my left hand, then with my feet.

I stood up and almost lost my balance for a second. It felt really good to stand. As I was about to move, the door opened. I involuntarily got into a fighting stance when I saw three of the men from earlier. They came in and looked from me to the chair with cut ropes.

Two of them came to my side and each held my upper arms. They started walking towards the door and I just followed them without even trying to escape. Where was I going to go? I didn't even take in my surroundings. My mind was clouded.