Chapter 15 |EDITED|

I smiled awkwardly and immediately took a seat beside Max with my head down. The atmosphere got quiet and he eventually walked away.

Max started laughing and I just gave him an angry face. "I hate him," I said while jamming my fork into a sausage. Now that's a complete lie. But he's far too attractive to dislike.

"Aww, he adores you. I must say, it's a first. " Max responded as he continued to eat. I looked at him with a look that said 'really?'

"It's true, no one has ever been captured and then recruited; they're always killed. But he did all of that with you. " He said.

I scoffed and continued eating. "I must say that it was delicious. I would definitely want you to cook for me every day. " He said it flirtatiously. I just smiled and got up, taking my plate to the kitchen.

"Are you American?" He asked behind me, as he slid his plate into the sink. I smirked and looked at him. 

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He hummed but didn't say anything.

We washed the dishes together and I must say he's quite funny. He kept me laughing the whole time, forgetting my problems for a bit. I ensured that the kitchen was returned to how I saw it.

We walked back to my room and, surprisingly, I got there without being lost. We got in and both situated on the bed. It wasn't really weird, it was more like friends catching up and having a sleepover, but we were too deep in conversation to notice.

He asked me about learning Russian and I told him that I'm still not good at it. We practiced a little and I must say I definitely improved.

I told him why I'd come here, which was obviously not true, but he understood my intent.

"Well, now that you're in, Shishka won't let you leave." He said it gravely.[Boss]

I didn't reply, but instead meditated on what he had just said.

"Is he all that bad?" I questioned, interestingly. I know he has to put up a hard exterior, just like my dad, because he is the leader of one of the most feared mafias in the world. But no matter how frightening he may be, I choose to see his soft side that is buried deep within.

"Well, he has to be... so yes." He said but I chose to decline his answer.

"What's your job here?" I asked.

"I'm good with weapons. "Not to brag, but I'm well-known for my sniper abilities. " He said proudly.

I rolled my eyes but smiled at him. "No combat?"

"Not really, but I can protect myself." He replied.

I smirked and turned to him. "Not to brag, but I'm awesome at combat AND weapons," I replied, cockily.

He laughed a little, "Touché"

It was quiet for a while, but the silence was comfortable.

"I might need a favour from you," I asked Max, hoping he wouldn't mind it.

"Shoot"

"When I was taken here, I had a friend with me. His name is Alec. Do you mind checking to see if he's here?"  I turned to look at him, pleadingly. He held my stare and I started pouting.

He scoffed and looked away. "You're going to get me in trouble and we've just met." I laughed at him and thanked him. I was glad to have someone I was comfortable with within this house full of males.

"Do you live here as well?" I asked.

"Yep, but it's quite far from your room. We decide if we want to stay here or live on our own. "

"So why did you choose to stay here?"

"When I was younger, I started this whole independence thing. So I moved out of my parents' house and started living on my own. Let's just say, living on my own, I was lonely and didn't have any friends. I refused to move back with my parents and to live by myself again, so I chose to stay here. "

I silently listened to him. "I think you've depended on people your entire life, so it makes it hard for you to be alone. Being alone is not such a bad thing, you just need to learn to enjoy your own company. " I told him.

He didn't say anything afterward and we both remained silent. I think I might have hit a nerve.

"I'm sorry if I said anything wrong. I just-" I started apologizing, but he cut me off.

"No need to apologize. I guess what you've said is the truth. "

"You know, I like you," he stated, out of the blues.

I began to panic because I thought we only had a friendly connection! See, this is the reason why I don't like meeting new people. Oh my God, and now I have to reject him and he's going to be sad and things are going to be awkward between us, and I'll be alone here. 

"I mean, as a friend, calm down, Gab. I saw the wheels turning in your head. " He stated.

I let go of the breath I'd been holding and silently thanked God that he hadn't meant it otherwise.

"You remind me of my sister, Anastasia," he said, smiling.

I didn't respond because I thought that maybe something had happened to her.

"What is the name of the hot devil?"I asked, changing the subject. I seriously wanted to know the name given to such a beauty.

"Hot devil?" he inquired.

I closed my eyes and sighed, "Your boss! When I asked him his name, all he did was smirk.

He laughed at the name I came up with, but I ignored him.

"It's going to be fun now because I'm not snitching."

I heard knocking on the door. I was too lazy to get up, so I shouted, "Come in."

The door creaked open and it was quiet for a while. I saw Max get up from the bed slowly and I looked to see who it was.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, pun intended. I decided to stand up as well, and, looking at him, he was not happy.

He looked from me to Max but said nothing. I looked over at Max for some clarification, but he had his head down and his hands behind his back.

"Ubiraysya na Hryen," the hot devil yelled, and Max bolted.[Get the fuck out]

I felt like a little child getting ready to be scolded by their parents because they had a boy in their room.

XOXO ~TORI