Chapter 33 |EDITED|

Andrei's POV

"Antonov, I suggest you tell your men to stop or I will kill her and your child," I heard Malcolm shout. I came to a halt in the middle of punching one of the Jamaicans. How the hell did he know she was pregnant?

I sighed and smirked as I heard him. Killing him would definitely be fun, but I wanted to ensure that Gabrielle was saved.

I dropped the idiot I was holding and turned to face him.

The smirk was immediately wiped off my face as I saw him holding a gun to Gabrielle's head. I clenched my jaw as I waved my hands for my men to stop fighting.

Every time I look at her, she literally takes my breath away. She was dressed in a skimpy dress that was too revealing for my liking.

I knew that she would never intentionally wear something purposeful like that, so they must have forced her.

Staring at her brought back all the memories of how much I missed her.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she silently begged for help in order to be saved. Subconsciously, my eyes wandered to her stomach of our unborn child. I felt a sense of warmness, as I knew that they were both in my life.

A surge of anger suddenly came over me as I glared at the person who caused her pain.

I so desperately wanted to take the gun from him and make him swallow every single bullet. "How about you fight me like a real man? Leave her out of this," I said as I rolled up my sleeves, preparing to end this bastard's life.

I didn't have any problems with him, but when he wants to hurt someone I love, it enrages me. I wanted him as far away from Gabrielle as possible. I heard him chuckle before responding with an OK. I stayed in position as I saw him moving Gabrielle aside.

I involuntarily let out a breath, as I knew that he had released her.

Something told me that it was too easy, but come on, he was quite the fool. I slowly walked towards him and everything happened so fast. If I had blinked, I would've missed it. I saw as he held up his gun and quickly pulled the trigger towards her.

Shock and pain came over me as I witnessed her being shot. Everything around me stopped, as I impulsively ran over to end Malcolm's life. I speared him to the ground and began punching his face.

I couldn't stop myself as I threw punch after punch with all my might.I felt someone pulling me off him and I so badly wanted to kill whoever it was. I turned around quickly to attack the person.

"Boss, idi k ney. My sokhranim yego dlya tebya pozzhe." He said. [Boss, go to her. We will save him for you later.]

I immediately turned my attention towards Gabrielle and saw that she was on the floor. I ran over to her and bent down, holding up her head.

"Gabrielle, I'm here. I love you so much, please don't leave me." I said. "Kto-to vyzyvayet chertovu skoruyu!" I shouted. [Someone call the damn ambulance!]

"It's OK. You came for me." She whispered to me. Tears came to my eyes as I saw her. I admire her bravery; even in these trying times, she maintains that she is fine. She sounded so weak and I just wanted God to come down and save her right now.

This felt so much like a goodbye, and I'll be damned if I let that happen. "I love you," she said as she struggled to wipe away my tears. It's ok, I'm fine" she said smiling, and then her eyes closed.

"GABRIELLE! NO NO NO GET UP, open your eyes" I shouted shaking her unconscious body. She remained loose in my arms and I immediately picked her up bridal style.

I ran with her through the exit. Only one thing was on my mind: getting her to the hospital. I saw an ambulance light shining brightly outside and I ran up to it.

"Save her," I said to the paramedics, as I placed her on the gurney. I saw the lady holding a cloth on Gabrielle's stomach to stop the bleeding.

"She's pregnant," I explained, and the lady nodded. They wheeled her to the ambulance and I followed beside them, not leaving Gabrielle's side.

"Sir, we are doing everything we can. Please allow us to do our job and take her to the hospital. " The lady said,

I clenched my jaw and got close to her. I pointed my gun at her and said, "I'm not fucking leaving her side," to which she reluctantly nodded.

I followed them into the ambulance to the hospital, not letting go of her hand. I was a complete wreck seeing her like this.

I watched as they shocked her heart to revive her, and I released a breath when I heard the heart monitor beeping.

She's alive. She's fighting.

We arrived at the hospital and rushed out of the ambulance. A bunch of doctors came around her and they began pulling her away. "Gabrielle, you're going to be OK. You are stronger than this," I said to her, hoping she could hear me.

"Sir, we have to take her into surgery. Please stay in the waiting room," the male doctor said.

I knew that I couldn't go in, but I still wanted to stay by her side. She's been away from me for too long. I breathed heavily as I didn't know if she would survive.

"You better do every fucking thing to save her and my unborn child or I'll ruin your life." I threatened in his face, "Dr. James" I said looking at his name tag.

He swallowed and then dashed away, wheeling her into the operating room.

I paced the hospital floors for hours waiting for her to be out of surgery.

I walked around the hospital with disheveled hair and Gabrielle's blood staining my white shirt. I needed to know that they were both going to live.

I checked my watch and saw that it had already been 2 hours. I let out a breath and walked straight to the nurse's station.

"Is she out of surgery yet?" I asked.

"Sir, I don't know, but the doct-"

"You are going to fucking go into that surgery room and give me an update or I'll fucking go there myself and, trust me, you wouldn't like that," I cut her off, pointing at my gun.

She ran off immediately and I turned around to see everyone looking at me.

"Poshel ty, glyadya na!" I screamed in my native language and they all turned around.

[Fuck you looking at!]

The nurse came back a couple of minutes, looking terrified. "Are they OK?" I asked, walking up to her.

"Y-yes Sir, the doctors are just finishing up. She stutteringly said, "You'll see her soon."

I let out a breath of relief and silently thanked the Lord that she had survived. "What about the baby?" I asked.

"The baby is fine. The bullet didn't affect it," she said and ran back behind the desk.

Thank the Lord that they both survived. I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. The only problem now is that Malcolm is somewhere still alive.

"Boss," I heard someone behind me say. I turned around and saw that it was Maxim. He was followed by Alec and Gabriel.

"How is she?" Gabriel asked.

"Good, almost out of surgery," I said. "Where is he?" I asked with clenched jaws.

"He's locked up in a cell with his men," Gabriel said.

I nodded my head and they all took a seat in the waiting room. I sat beside them and we were all quiet.

A couple of minutes passed, and the same nurse came up to me looking scared. "What!" I barked at her.

She shifted on her feet looking down, "She's out of surgery, you may see her"

XOXO ~TORI
@GuzzuZackarya @E-syde Thank you 😊