Chapter 27 |EDITED|

A week has passed and I haven't seen Andrei. He doesn't come for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If I do see him, it's just a glimpse and he disappears. I've started to get tired of chasing him down. I want to know what he thinks, but he won't communicate.

I haven't been feeling so well lately. I'm extremely tired and always nauseous. I don't know what to think because I've been undergoing stress lately. My period is always irregular, so that's not something new.

I don't attend training anymore and I barely eat. Max tries to cheer me up, but it never works. I am literally heartbroken. I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I just want to curl up in his bed to inhale his scent, but I can't.

I heard a knock on the door and someone came in. At this point, I don't even care.

"How are you feeling?" Max asked.

I just shrugged. I opened my mouth to say something, but stopped because I felt nauseous. I placed my hands over my mouth and ran to the bathroom. I immediately opened the toilet and poured out my stomach.

"Oh God," I moaned as I felt myself getting weak. Before I fell to the ground, I felt Max holding me up.

He brought me to the bed and stood, giving me a look of concern. "Gabrielle, how often does that happen? You look like you almost died," he said.

"I'm fine; it's just the stress," I said. Can you make me some tea please?" When I asked, he said he'd be right back. I closed my eyes a little, trying to calm myself.

He came a few minutes later and helped me to sit up so I could drink it. "What other symptoms are you feeling?" he asked.

"Umm, apart from nausea and vomiting, headaches and I'm always tired," I said.

"Are you sure you are not pregnant?" he asked. I don't believe so; we use protection, although it's not 100% effective. I've been crying a lot lately, which causes headaches, and I don't get enough sleep, which causes me to be very tired.

"I don't think so, but it won't hurt to find out," I said. "I'll get ready in a minute, then we can go to the pharmacy," I said and walked to the bathroom. I showered quickly and I wore a long dress and flat shoes. I fixed my hair a little and then we walked out.

Max clung to me because he was afraid I would fall because of the way I was walking. We went out the door and Max took one of the vehicles and we began our journey.

We parked outside the pharmacy, but I didn't dare move. "No matter what happens, I'll support you," he said.

I smiled at him a little and then pulled the door open. We both went into the store and I went to the feminine section. I got 3 different tests and some mint gum. I paid for my stuff, then we headed back home.

Before reaching back Max drove up to a place called Icecro. "I think we both need to cheer up," he said, and we both got out.

I decided on a Filevsky ice cream sorbet. It looked very delicious and it came in a tub. Perfect. We got back to the house and I went straight to my room. I peed on all the sticks and left them for 15 minutes, then I sat on my bed eating the tub of ice cream.

What if I'm pregnant? It's both good and bad. I would never put my child up for adoption or even think about aborting it. But, I've always wanted to be married first before having a child. However, life has a surprising turn of events.

Max came in slowly. "Is it time?" he asked. "5 minutes," I said, shaking my head.

We both sat on the bed quietly waiting for 5 minutes. "Are you going to tell him if you are?" he asked.