Chapter 4 |EDITED|

I ran for about 10 minutes without stopping. I was alone on the dark road, but that didn't matter at the moment. I came across an abandoned house and went up to it. I crept around slowly to see if anyone was around, but it was empty. I went in and sat on the ground in a corner that looked the cleanest.

I took my backpack off and sat in a lotus position. I placed my head in both hands, reliving what had just happened, but, for some reason, I couldn't shed any tears. Their anniversary is tomorrow, and they will not be present to celebrate. I miss them.

After all the moping around, I decided to push all thoughts aside and focus on my mission to get the hell out of this country.

I left the house and walked for a little. I came up to a nearby bar and saw a few cars in the parking lot. I looked around and saw no one. I walked up to a silver Toyota Corolla e140. I tried to open the doors, but they were closed. I placed my hand on my forehead, just breathing. What to do, what to do? I looked around and eventually looked down and took the laces out of my shoes.

Fortunately, the window had been slightly rolled down. I created an open knot with the lace, and held both ends, and placed it over the opening of the window. I wiggled the lace down inside the car and, furthermore, to the right, so the knot could go around the lock button. I pulled the left side of the lace to tighten the knot and then I pulled hard and boom. Unlocked bitch.

"Get the hell away from my car," someone said behind me, making me jump. I turned around and raised my hands in surrender. I looked over his shoulder to distract him. 

"It's OK, sir, just a misunderstanding," I said, talking to no one. He fell for it and turned around slightly.

 I took the chance and placed my hands behind his ears, pushing them slightly. He fell down with a thud. "Sorry sir," I said to his unconscious body. I bent down and got the keys and the phone from his pocket. Thank God, because I didn't know how to hotwire a car.

I got in the car and started driving immediately. When I was at a safe distance, I turned the headlights off and parked on the side of the road. I placed the lace back in my shoes and took them off. I'd rather drive barefoot because it's more relaxing and gives me more control. I took his phone and called my dad's private plane. He had many private planes, but the one I'm going on is known only to my mom, dad, and me. I guess it's just me now. I recalled the number from memory and told them to be ready in an hour and meet me at the private wing at the Donald Sangster Airport.

I reached the airport and sat in the car for a while, waiting. I swallowed the tears that threatened to spill into the back of my throat. I lost both my parents. I closed my eyes and started breathing in and out slowly. After about 15 minutes, I grabbed my bag, placed my shoes on, and exited the car. I walked to the private part of the airport, and I saw the pilot, Mr. Grey, and his wife, the air hostess, Mrs. Grey. They are like family to me. Ever since I was small, they've treated me like their own daughter, and they are my second parents. Mr. Grey is about 45 and Mrs. Grey is about 39.

I ran over and hugged them both and started crying. "They're gone, t-they're dead," I said while crying. 

"I-I saw them, and they're gone," I sobbed even more. They just stayed quiet and hugged me tighter, letting me know they already knew.

 "I think we should get going, OK?" Mr. Grey said, I sniffled and just nodded. We went on the plane and I sat down and buckled up. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"How about we take you to your parents' house in Lusaka, Zambia?" Mrs. Grey suggested looking at us both. I looked at Mr. Grey and he just shrugged. I sighed, 

"I guess we are going to Zambia. How long will it take?" I asked. 

"Umm, about 14+ hours," Mr. Grey said.

--

I've never been to my parents' house in Zambia, but Mrs. Grey told me that no one knew about it and that it was safe. I told them everything that had happened and they wanted to help me, but I didn't want anyone else to get hurt. When I told them about avenging my parents' deaths, they were initially opposed, but I persuaded them that I needed closure. They stated that they would be willing to assist me if I needed it.

Mrs. Grey made me a sandwich and some chamomile tea. I checked the time and saw that it was 2:05 am. My body was tired, but I didn't want to sleep. However, the chamomile helped a lot. I sleepily wobbled myself from the chair and into a private room to sleep.

I jerked awake. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. At first, I was wondering where I was, but then I remembered everything. Today's my parent's anniversary. I cried again. And again. And again.

After a while, I got up and went to the bathroom, and washed my face. I heard a knock on the door and I saw Mrs. Grey standing there with a smile on her face. 

"Good morning, dear; I didn't want to wake you because you looked tired, but I'm making soup for you; come out when you're ready." 

"Oh, and I put some clean clothes on your bed for you to wear," she added. I smiled and walked over to hug her. 

"Thank you very much, Mrs. Grey, you and Mr. Grey. I love you both," I told her, on the verge of tears again. 

 "Oh honey, we love you too. Just take care of yourself, okay? Your parents would want you to," she said, and I just nodded.

She left and I checked the time to see it was past noon. 4 hours until we landed. I went back to the room and saw the clothes on the bed. A pair of black jeans pants and a black t-shirt, along with a little black slipper. Black is my favourite colour and everyone knows it. Wearing black is always a safe bet.

I went to the bathroom and bathed and came out wrapped in my towel. I took the hair tie out of my hair, placed it in my hand, and fixed my twist. I then dried off and put my clothes and slippers on. I went out of the room and back to my seat with my seatbelt on. I pushed the seat back into place and turned on the TV to watch a movie. Mrs. Grey came out with the soup and I realized that it was chicken foot soup from Jamaica, with carrots, yellow yams, dumplings, and Irish potatoes. I got excited, like a kid at Christmas. Mrs. Grey makes the best chicken foot soup.

I had about three more bowls and we watched a few movies together until we landed

XOXO~ TORI