Chapter 32 |EDITED|

I slowly walked in front of them as they walked behind me. They zip-tied my hands behind my back and I couldn't do anything about it.

The sky was dark, signifying it was nighttime. Billions of stars were out, and I wish I could be as free as them.

The damn dress was so tight that I had to take slow and cautious steps.

I was told that I had to go to the ballroom because that's where everything was taking place. I so badly want this torture to end. I have a feeling it won't be for much longer.

As we got closer to the ballroom, I started feeling nervous and anxious, and not in a good way.

If I have to trick someone into buying me, that's what I'll do. I'll play along so I can get as far away from here as possible. Whoever I'm sold to, their happiness will be short-lived after we leave here.

I will come back for Mrs. Grey and we'll find somewhere new and safe.

I entered the ballroom and was guided towards a door in the back. They just threw me in and locked the door behind them.

I exhaled and took a look around the room. I saw a bunch of women and men who looked just as terrified as I was.

I sighed as I went and stood in a corner.

Andrei might be mad at what I had done, but I don't think he'd be stupid enough to not retaliate after Malcolm attacked his Mafia.

Malcolm attacked his family.

I hope he can forgive me and save me. Then, I can repay him by leaving his life completely.

If it was a couple of months back and I was in this same position, I would find a way for everyone in this room to escape. Call it selfish or what, but the only thing worth saving right now is me and my child.

I can't wait for him or her to be born. I will always love and protect them to death.

A couple of minutes went by when the door opened.

"Alright, the show is about to start. Everyone line up outside and wait for your name. When your name is called, you walk up to the stage and smile like you are having fun. Afterward, you walk right back in this room" the man entered said loudly, removed the zip ties from our hands, and walked out.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I followed the instructions.

The ballroom sounded very full because I heard a lot of cheers and whistles from the audience.

I stood quietly as I waited for my name to be called. I watched as everyone came back shaking and with tears in their eyes. Why can't they hurry up? My feet are killing me.

"Next up, we have Gabrielle Smith," I heard as I stood alertly. I exhaled slowly as I walked up to the stage.

My face held no expression and I was definitely not smiling.

As I walked up the stairs, I was blinded by a million lights and a very crowded, all male, audience.

Of course.

"Ms. Smith is from our very own mafia. Her parents, as you may know, were Theodore and Natalie Smith. "She wields power and is certainly a sight to behold, am I right?"When the announcer said it, the audience erupted in applause.

"Word around is that in 9 months' time she will be birthing an heir to one of the most powerful mafias. And to top it off, she is volunteering for tonight's auction. " The announcer said once again and I clenched my teeth as I was filled with rage.

"I want a 360," someone in the audience yelled. I squinted my eyes, trying to look for the dirty perpetrator.

"Give the people what they want." The announcer said and I glared at him.