Chapter 20 |EDITED|

"One hundred shipments are coming tonight, and I need them to be heavily guarded. Any slip-ups and you will deal with me. " Andrei barked at everyone currently in the meeting.

"Alex, do you have Sergei?" He asked.

"Da", he answered.

"Good, I'll make an example out of him today," he said. I don't know what he's talking about but I remained quiet.

I was at the back of the room where the meeting was held. A couple of minutes later, Alexander's phone rang and he excused himself. My Barbie senses tingled, and I quietly followed behind him.

He walked quite a distance away and spoke in hushed tones.

"Ya zanyat seychas... Razve ty ne mozhesh' zastavit' yego eto sdelat'?... Khorosho. On nashel yeye?... Proverit' Italiyu"

[I'm busy right now... Can't you make him do it... Fine. Did he find her?... Check Italy]

I got most of what he was saying, and it didn't sit right with me. I walked back to the meeting and they were wrapping up.

Alexander came back into the room, acting fidgety, but no one seemed to notice him.

Because I wasn't "allowed" to go on missions, Andrei would still solicit my feedback to help. My plans usually work 100% of the time.

After I took care of him the other day, he thanked me and became more open. He told me that his mother usually took care of him whenever he was sick. And she would always bring him a chocolate cake when he got better. I smiled, knowing how much he enjoyed the chocolate.

I waited until everyone cleared the room before going up to him. He smiled when he saw me and I did the same.

I pulled him aside and whispered. "I think Alexander's up to something. I don't trust him. "I overheard him on the phone-"I started, but he cut me off.

His face became serious and he glared at me. "Gabrielle "I know we're friends, but I don't appreciate you accusing my best friend and trusted second in command of treason." He stormed away.

I let out a sigh of defeat and sagged my shoulders. I walked to my room and plopped down on the bed. Maybe I'm paranoid or something. Ugh.

I got up and got dressed in a more outgoing outfit. I needed a break and I needed to stick to my plan.

I was dressed in black jeans, sneakers, and a nice white blouse. My hair was in a low puff. I walked to his office and knocked on his door.

"Come in," he said in a busy tone. I opened it and closed it behind me. He was busy looking through paperwork.

I sat in a chair in front of him with my hands clasped together nervously. He placed his papers down and looked at me.

"Coming to accuse more of my men," he said boldly.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm sorry for accusing Alexander. I've had previous encounters with people of his caliber, so I'm on high alert. "

He raised an eyebrow, wanting to question me, but he didn't. "Ok. What else do you want?" He said blankly.

I sighed, "I need a little break and I want to go to the pharmacy. I won't be long, I just need some space." I told him a half-truth.

"And please, no guards. I won't run away or anything," I added and rolled my eyes.

He looked at me for a few seconds before saying OK. My face immediately lit up with a smile.

"If you're not back in 2 hours, I'll come looking for you." He said smirking.

"Oh, I love the chase," I said with fake happiness. I turned to walk out when he called me back and he gave me a few rubles. I hesitantly took it and walked out.

I spent some time walking around Moscow, taking in the atmosphere. The weather today was perfect for a day out.

I asked for directions and walked to the hotel Alec and I stayed at. I sneaked in without anyone noticing. Idiots. I walked to the room and knocked on the door.

The door swung open, and Alec stood there, startled, staring at me. I ran into his arms and started crying.

"Oh Gab I missed you- are you crying? What happened?" He asked defensively. I walked into the room and sat down.

"Nothing. I'm okay. "I'm just happy to see you. "I told him.

He sat down beside me and I told him everything that had happened since I was "kidnapped."

"Sounds like you two are getting close." He said but I ignored him.

Time was going away, so I ended our conversation and he said he'd stay here till we were ready to leave. I hugged him, then left.

I went on my way, and then decided to go to the bank. In the corner of my eye, I saw two guards trying to blend in. I can't believe he would send someone to watch me.

I walked over to a corner and they followed. When they walked closer, I knocked them both out and went on my way.

I picked up the laptop and the thumb drive, then headed back. Walking by, I came across a bakery and went in. When I went up to the counter, I saw a slice of chocolate cake sitting in a plastic container. I bought it and placed it in a bag and left.

I was out for an extra hour, so I knew for sure he would flip. When I reached back, everyone gave me pitiful looks. I ignored them and decided to go to my room and hide the laptop, then give him the cake.

I opened my bedroom door and went in. I screamed when I saw Andrei sitting on my bed.

"What the hell, you scared me," I said, holding my chest. He got up and started walking towards me. I backed up a little because he looked angry.

"I told you 2 hours and you spent 3. Where the hell were you? You even knocked out my guards! I trusted you. Chto s toboy ne tak?" He yelled. [What is wrong with you?]

"Trust? You're talking about trust. I told you I was going out and that I'd be back, not to send any guards. But what? You stepped on my trust and sent your goons after me. " I yelled back at him.

"You don't even care about me. So why are you mad?!? " I said.

He remained silent, breathing heavily, and staring at me.

"WHY?!" I yelled again.

"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU RAN AWAY" he shouted also.

I looked away from him and furrowed my eyebrows. He cared. He thought I would run away.

We both remained quiet. The only thing audible in the room was our breaths. He walked towards the door, but I stopped him. I took the cake out of the bag and gave it to him.

I turned my back to him and he took a while, but he eventually left.

XOXO ~TORI
Andrei's POV nxt!