Chapter 11 |EDITED|

I nibbled my lips and exhaled some air. "OK, fine," I said, settling into a comfortable position in front of him.

"The other day, when Jayden called and I excused myself, he told me that Malcolm was sending hitmen all over the globe to hunt and kidnap me so he could kill me. Apparently, he can't fully take over, because I'm still somehow in the picture. I didn't tell you because I knew we'd be safe here." Honestly, I didn't tell him because I didn't want to believe it myself. Disappointed, I looked down at my lap.

He didn't say anything for a while, so I looked at him and found him giving me a long stare.

 "What?" I asked.

"Is that all?"He sassed me.

"I think I figured out Malcolm's plan," I sighed, rolling my eyes. 

"When I was younger, my father was always prepared for the worst. He told me that if anything happens, I should always grab the emergency bag and escape. That's what I did. I went through it the other night and found a laptop and a thumb drive. My dad must have added it before... " I didn't want to say it, so I just paused and moved on.

"It was in code, but it contained some information about my dad's mafia and the Russians. And that betrayal situations are happening. I figured out that maybe Malcolm wanted to kill the Russian leader as well to gain control of both mafias, seeing that they are the second largest ones. The evidence is on the thumb drive, but it is encrypted. I need it to be deciphered, I need help to stop Malcolm and I need to warn the Russians. "

"I need to go to Russia," I said very slowly, looking down.

"WHAT?!" he screamed at me and I flinched a little.

He sighed and then placed his index finger and thumb on his nose. "When are you going to tell me you are leaving Gabrielle? I was just going to wake up one day and find you gone," he explained.

"I DON'T KNOW OK. I didn't know how to tell you. But, after what happened today, I feel compelled to travel to Russia right away."

"I'll be safe there," I whispered.

"Do you really think I'm going to make you go to Russia?" He said it and then stood up.

I got up immediately as he said that. 

"Make me? You don't make me do anything. I'm a grown-ass woman, Alec!" I yelled and stared into his eyes, challenging him.

I sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry, but why do you want to go to Russia?" He asked and pleaded with me not to go.

"I need to warn the current mafia don. Also, Russia is known for hacking, so I might need their help with that and I... also want to join their mafia." I said.

"Why the hell would you want to join the Russian mafia?" Alec asked worriedly. No sane person will get up and be like 'I want to join the Russian mafia.' Although they're the 2nd most dangerous and largest, they're still brutal. But I do need their help to defeat Malcolm.

"I made a promise to avenge my parents, and I need help doing so. My only option is to join the Russians. " When I mentioned dangerously low, tears welled up in my eyes, but I didn't dare blink or wipe them away. I looked up at Alec just as a tear fell from one of my eyes.

He stared at me, clenching his teeth. "Go and pack your things," he said with finality and left, I presume, for his own room. Great, now he's angry with me and wants me to leave. I got up from the couch and went towards my room. I was going to knock on Alex's door, but I decided against it.

I got to my room and I closed the door behind me. I went to the bathroom and gathered all my necessities and placed them on the bed. I gathered some clothes, shoes and other small things. What a coincidence, I found a small suitcase under the bed and put everything in it. I decided that everything in my escape bag would remain the same and I would carry both the luggage with me.

I changed out of my clothes and put on a grey hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants. My hair was in a puff, so I just fixed my edges and grabbed dark glasses, and placed them on the crack of the sweatshirt on my chest.

I sat on the bed for a while, just taking in all this situation and how I'm really going to miss this room and house. But avenging my parents awaits. I got up with newfound energy and grabbed my things and went to the living room.

Alec was already there, seated, in new clothes. He was now dressed in jeans and a long-sleeved plaid shirt. The closer I walked, he was sitting in front of a.. suitcase?

I stopped midway. "Where are you going?" I inquired, first looking at the suitcase, then at him. He was quiet, scrolling on his phone. I sighed, then sat beside him, placing my belongings on the ground.

I wasn't going to apologize because I did nothing wrong. It's my life. "Alec, I know you're angry, but try to understand my reason. "I don't want to leave you angry at me."I said to him and then hugged his torso sideways.

He placed his phone down and hugged me. I smiled, knowing he wasn't angry. We stayed there for a while until he spoke up. "I'm going with you." He stated.

I removed myself from his embrace suddenly and looked at him. To be honest, I was going to miss him, and being by myself in a new country wasn't going to be easy. "No, I can't ask you to do that. I'm the one in danger, not you. "I don't want anyone getting involved in my situation."I said.

He made a sushing sound with his index finger on his lips. "I'm going with you. That's final. My job is to protect you. Wherever you go, I go. " He said with a smile. I laughed and, deep down, I knew I wanted his company.

"How are we going to get there?" I inquired.

"You were planning to go to Russia and you didn't plan how you were going to get there?" He asked me.

"Well, I was going to solve that at the last minute," I grumbled.

He shook his head. "Don't worry, a plane is already waiting for us." He got up and started gathering our luggage.

"Wait, how?" I asked, but he just turned around and smirked. I got up and followed him to the car.

 "Ms. Calia will be coming to clean and lock up," Alec said.

He closed the trunk and was heading to the driver's seat, but I stopped him. I held my hands out "keys?"

I wanted to drive the range rover for the last time. He gave it to me and I excitedly took it and went to the driver's seat.

We got to the airport and we both took our luggage and walked inside. Alec gave a man in a suit the car keys and I just followed behind him.

We reached the private section and walked all the way to a white-looking plane. We were greeted by the pilot and a flight attendant. They seem very nice. We got on the plane and were on our journey. We had quite a couple of hours, so I decided to sleep, eat and talk with Alec.

Alec told me that he knew Russian because he trained there for a while. I am a fast learner, so I have learned a couple of things since I decided I was going to go to Russia. Alec taught me a few things on the way, which I appreciate. I think I can now hold a conversation in Russian.

"You know, I'm glad we're traveling privately," I said out of the blues. Alec asked me why and I opened my backpack.

"Because of this," I said, laughing while holding my gun.

XOXO ~TORI