INTRODUCING the rest of Mystic Falls

"So-," Kol began as we drove home.

We had left soon after Kai did,  not wanting to overstay our welcome as Damon walked inside pouring himself a glass of bourbon.

"How do you like Mystic Falls' new resident?" His eyes were pinned on me though I didn't take my eyes off of the road. We could crash and be fine, but what of my new car?

Kol was in one of those inquisitive moods, where he'd grill me about everything much to my chagrin. He had this deep want to be completely clued in to what would be happening in our family or what was happening. Great.

I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up, "Now brother, no need to get protective of me. Kai is nothing to me. I've only just met him! I mean, he may prove himself to be a good drinking and murder partner, but I am not in the market for whatever else you may be implying."

"Does this mean I am not a good partner when in need of a blood bath? I promise you I am the best." His face contorted to that of having playful offense for a moment before he spoke once more his eyes filled with thought, "He seemed to have rather a liking for you. Couldn't take his eyes off you in fact. It was disgusting." He was back to his jovial manner.

"You and Nik are just dandy partners in crime." I paused thinking of his last remark. Had Kai spent more time on me then the others. I didn't know. Nor would I entertain Kol's foolish thoughts. "Kol, you would be wise to not share any information or thoughts on Kai with the rest of our family. Most specifically Nik. You know the moods he can have if he feels we are drifting from family. If you do I shall have to resort to taking a page out of his book doing as he does best, daggering you. Perhaps I will not be as forgiving either. Perhaps I shall leave you rot with that dagger in you for as long as Finn has been left rotting...If you do choose to go against my advisement that is."

Kol visibly shivered at my threat and gave me a look of pure distaste. "I will not tell, sister. You did not have to threaten me like that. I think you are rather an arse now." His gaze flicked to the window and the passing trees. Nothing of interesting but letting me know he was done.

I laughed joyously at that comment. He wasn't completely angry at me, or he would've opened the car door and thrown himself out as he liked to when having a true tantrum. His favorite was straight into incoming traffic, creating a scene for us all. "Thank you Kol. I will count that as me now being indebted to you."

He was still visibly upset, but replied nonetheless, "And you will be expected to pay up on that debt sister." "Oh Kolie. You know better than to doubt what I promise."
——————————— ⚜︎ ———————————

The next day, I was awoken by a persistent pounding on my door. Gods above 'who would be putting me through such torture?'
Quickly, that list was narrowed down. It could easily be Kol (meaning it was most likely Kol).
"Viktoria Mikaelson! If you don't let me in, I will have to break down this door and strangle you!"
I couldn't help the smile that broke across my face and woke up fully, "Caroline Forbes, you must cease that infernal knocking or it appears you will be the one being strangled!"

She laughed quietly at that and the knob jiggled before opening. "I don't recall telling you to enter. What if I was entertaining someone in my bed?"
She wrinkled up her face, "Gross. I had suspected that this would buy me entry." In her hand she held a cup of coffee. "You would have suspected correctly." And reached my hand out for it.

"Good," she handed it to me and plopped on the open area of my bed. Turning quickly to look at me, "Elena would kill me if she knew I was here. Not metaphorically either." "Why is that?" I knew why, but liked to have my own suspicions confirmed.