I Hate Prison...

Caroline's POV

On the floor in a heap covered in blood lay what looked like Viktoria. My breath caught even as I gripped Hope tight rushing to her side.

Viktoria had been through as much torture as me, probably more in her thousand years on Earth. Now her hair was coated in blood fanned out around her. As I rushed to her, I shook her trying to roll her over. In shock I pulled away. I should've noticed it before. I should've seen the pale willowy yellow of her hair. Her lips were full though like Rebekah and Viktoria's. As she blinked her eyes open slowly she cried out in a broken hoarse voice, "Thank the heavens. Has someone finally come to save me?"

—————-///////////////////——————

Viktoria's POV

I felt a terrible rage. A wicked helplessness had overtaken me. I couldn't remember it, but I felt a strange helplessness. A lack as if something was missing, something I hadn't noticed since I awoke.

I barely knew these people except for the flashes of memories I could recall. I felt it though, the memories I couldn't access weighing me down. The ones who were still here, who hadn't gone missing were blind in grief and anger. I could see them clearly, my own grief not consuming as theirs was. I could barely recall the lost. One thing after the next; is that the life I possess?

Somehow despite my lack of knowledge I, also, could feel a deep sense of burden, as if it were all somehow linked to me.

For a moment I got a flash. Deep black eyes, hungry. A shark.

Everything was wrong. Elijah. I think... He stared mournfully out the window. They were waiting for a witch to conduct a spell. Divinity... Her name, I could barely recall. I hadn't yet met her.

My mouth pursed as I surveyed the sorry state of my family. Klaus his gaze dark as he sloshed his whiskey back and forth.

Rebekah, her face tear streaked.

Elijah brooding, frozen as stone on the window.

Kol was nowhere to be found.

Hayley angry pacing back and forth. She'd tried to murder Klaus when she saw him. From the fight he was stained with blood though he didn't seem to care as he contemplated his drink.

Katherine immediately left when she learned her twins were taken. I was unsure where.

Damon, Stefan, Elena, and a witch named Bonnie had arrived faces dark in anger.
Bonnie had walked to me, her gaze apprehensive, "I know. I know you probably don't want me here, but you don't really have a choice. I'm going to help your witch. We need to find Caroline, she's some of the only family I have left."

For a moment I got a flash of anger. Rage. Was it mine I remembered?
I didn't care. She was there to help, and I knew those I loved were gone. I needed them back. I already had one crisis to deal with without them missing.

Shortly, after Bonnie left, the younger of the Salvatore brother's, Stefan sat down beside me.
"Do you feel as if something is missing?"
His voice was deep, tone husky.

I was dumbstruck for a moment. I wouldn't be surprised if my mouth hung open, instead I felt as if the air had been knocked out of me. I felt strangely defensive even though that was exactly as I had felt.
"What?"

His gaze was level with me, "I lost my memories once. I felt empty like something was missing. I had my journals, but you've had nothing."