Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

“I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,” – Gnarles Barkley

Sienna didn’t even know what time it was when she finally snapped out of her daze and shuffled out of her room, all the while never taking her eyes off the writing as if it would disappear if she stopped staring at it. She managed to unlock her door with shaky hands and run out of her room and down the hall. She ran until she was panting out of breath and knocking frantically on Scarlet’s door. After a few unbearable seconds she opened the door with sleepy eyes and a grumpy mood. Apparently, she didn’t like to be woken up in the middle of the night.

“Sienna? What could have possibly caused you to wake me up at this ungodly hour?” she growled.

“The-there’s writing on my wall. Someone was in my room while I was asleep!” she managed to get out without breaking down in hysterics. Her stalker had gone too far this time. How had the person managed to get into her room? And how did they know Sienna lived in darkness?

“What on earth are you talking about?” she asked rubbing her eyes. Scarlett’s red hair was a mess but she was more alert now.

“My room! You have to come quick please!” Sienna was frantic now.

“Are you sleep walking?” she guessed.

“No! I’m as a wake as I can possibly be right now! Scarlet please! Believe me,” she begged the girl.

“If you’re not sleep walking then you’re definitely drunk. Where did you even manage to get booze? I couldn’t sneak any into the dance,” Scarlett was impressed. She didn’t think an innocent girl like Sienna would resort to alcohol but then again she didn’t know her that well yet.

“Stop fooling around! I’m being serious Scarlett!” something in Sienna’s voice must have made her believable because Scarlett found herself quickly slipping on shoes and running after Sienna. Once they reached the room, Sienna stopped outside and refused to enter. She was too scared to enter the room where the evidence lied.

“It’s in there, on the wall,” Sienna told her. Scarlett nodded and went in. It took about three seconds for Scarlet to shout out “HOLY SH*T!” loud enough to probably wake up the entire building. She rushed out of the room with wide eyes.

“Who the hell did that?!” she exclaimed at Sienna.

“The same person who’s been leaving me creepy notes since I got here,” Sienna admitted grimly.

“What are you talking about?”

“Someone has been leaving me notes in my locker and wallet and stuff but I don’t know who. It started on the night of the bonfire,” she explained.

“And you didn’t tell anyone about it?”

“I thought it was just a harmless prank, someone messing with me for fun, but the messages kept getting worse and now they were in my room and I don’t know what to do!” Sienna said hysterically.

“Alright calm down, we’ll figure this out. What I propose is we change the lock on your door and try to figure out who the stalker is. We have to catch that f*cker in action,” she said with determination.

“Shouldn’t we tell someone first?” Sienna asked.

“No! What if we accidentally told the stalker? And if we tell people they’ll be on the look-out and the stalker will stop. We have to figure out who it is first and then we take action against him,”

“Why did you say him?” Sienna questioned.

“Because stalkers are always guys. Girls don’t have that ‘hunting the prey’ kind of mentality. Besides, there aren’t many lesbians in the school that I know of,”