Chapter Twenty Three

"I won't be smiling but the notes from my admirers fill my dashboard just the same."-Lorde

Tristan woke up the next morning with a smile on his face. That was an odd sight. The cause of his happiness was none other than Sienna. They were going to make their escape together. He had almost everything figured out. All they needed to do was lay low and await the date.

Once he was out of bed and brushing his teeth, his mind raced back to thoughts of Sienna. He couldn't get over the fact that she had been the one to kiss him the last time. What was she doing now? Maybe she was getting ready for class just like he was doing. Was she thinking about him too? He then remembered it was Thursday which meant they had first period gym together. That made him smile even wider if possible. Just the thought of Sienna's long legs wearing those gym shorts made him sigh in satisfaction. A hot, smart girl who cared for him, what more could he want in life? To top it off she was actually willing to follow what some would consider a crazy plan.

After taking a quick shower and fixing up his hair, Tristan headed to his door to leave for class. It was one of those rare days when he had a reason to be on time.

The sight of a single egg white piece of paper on the floor by his door stopped him in his tracks. He bent his knees and picked it up. Was this another note from that psycho Scarlett girl? He grunted in annoyance and unfolded the letter. He was about to read it when he looked up at the clock and realized he would be late to class if he spent another three or four minutes in his room.

Deciding to read it after gym class, he folded it back up to its original form and slipped it in his bag. He zipped it and slung the knapsack over his shoulder. It was time to see Sienna. With that thought in mind he grinned to himself and locked his door behind him.

Sienna had overslept. She got up feeling disoriented, then she stumbled out of bed and almost tripped over her own shoes as she raced to the bathroom. Her hair was a mess, she realized with disappointment as she glanced in the small mirror. It needed some serious brushing but that took time that she didn't have at the moment so instead she tied it into a pony tail at the back of her neck. She checked her schedule and found her gym uniform. She put it on and grabbed her bag as quickly as humanly possible. She locked her dorm room and jogged down the stairs.

When she was almost to the gym's double doors she realized with dread that she had been so focused on her hair that she had forgotten to brush her teeth. She really hoped she didn't have to talk to anyone up close until lunch.

Good luck with that, one of the sarcastic voices said to her as she walked inside.

She wanted to face palm herself when she saw Tristan standing in the middle of the court wearing his gym shorts and loose shirt. He was holding a basketball under his arm and running his other hand through his hair. He looked like a sports model, he really did. Why had she forgotten toothpaste today out of all the days?

'Ugh, it's going to be a long day', she thought to herself as she walked over to the students gathered around the teacher.

Parry watched her with interest. She had her long dark hair pulled into a pony tail, she wore her gym shorts well and she looked tired. 'Maybe she didn't get enough sleep last night', he noted.

He didn't know what her plans were for today, besides going to her classes- a schedule he knew better than his own. He didn't know what plans she had for the future but he found himself wanting to know. He wanted to sit down and talk to her. He wanted to have a real conversation with Sienna. He wanted to get to know the girl he was infatuated with on a deeper level. What were her dreams? What were her parents like? What was her favorite color? He wanted to know everything from small to significant. All he knew about her were the facts on her school file which he had access to. That was a privilege he enjoyed because he volunteered his time in the school office and wherever he was needed in exchange for a half scholarship to the Oak Wood.