Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

“It’s in your head, in your head zombie, zombie, zombie” -Cranberries

On Friday morning Sienna got ready for her daily class routine as usual. She had breakfast down at the cafeteria and headed to her locker to grab the books she would need for the day. She glanced at her schedule, which she still hadn't memorized, and spun her combination on the lock. It popped open and she unzipped her bag to stuff the smaller books in. The rest she would have to carry in her arms. She was about to grab her books when she spotted an envelope with her name on it on top of her books. She glanced around the crowded hall before picking it up. She examined the thing before opening it. Judging by its size it was thin enough to fit through the slots of the locker door. Perhaps someone had slipped it in for her to read.

She ripped the envelope open and pulled the paper out. She was shocked to find it was the same hand writing of the word on her arm. She was so scared she had to force herself to read the letter.

You’re insane

So let’s play a game

Twenty questions and I begin

What’s wrong with your brain?

She gasped and dropped the paper.

Not again, she thought to herself in despair. It seemed that her creepy stalker was back. When would these awful surprises end? She was going to turn even more insane if this person kept leaving her cryptic notes everywhere. The first had been a secret that only she and her parents knew about, the second; a warning and now it seemed like the person was making fun of her. Who was the culprit and how did they know these things about her? More importantly how did the person get access to her so easily?

It must be someone I’m close to, she concluded with dread.

She put the envelope back in her locker before taking her books out and locking it up. This time she would save the evidence instead of chucking it like she’d done with the note in her wallet. This was getting seriously creepy now and if it continued she decided she’d have to tell someone about it. She hadn’t told anyone yet because at first she had thought it was just a stupid prank and she didn’t want to seem paranoid to the others. But now this person was going too far.  She would tell her friends and the office of the school if this problem persisted.

As she walked to her first class she pondered the possible suspects. This was a big school and anyone could have been guilty. But the person knew things about her that no one should know and that was the reason why she thought it was someone she knew personally. The person had also been in the forest that day they had played that stupid game of capture the flag. That only narrowed it down to everyone. She sighed in resignation. It could also be one of her friends but who of them would be cruel enough to do something like this? Parry? Highly unlikely. He was a sweetheart and too nice to make anyone suffer like that. Scarlet was wild and more daring but she liked Sienna. Ana had made friends because of Sienna so she doubted it was her. Who had a reason to do this? Who wanted revenge on her? She’d been nothing but nice to everyone she’d met here so far. Jessica didn’t seem to favor her much but did she hate her enough to go to such extremes? There was also the Chinese girl but she seemed too busy reading and studying to plot against Sienna. That only left Tristan, Nathan, Enrique and the teachers but she doubted adults would be after her with such petty pranks.

Sienna hated having to doubt everyone she knew but she couldn’t ignore the facts. Somebody was after her…but who? All the recent friends she’d made seemed so nice and incapable of that. But as much as she wanted to believe they liked her, the evidence said otherwise. Treason surrounded her.