Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

"And I can't help but wonder how we ended up alright. And I love you like no other, Cause this has never felt so right" -HONNE

"Please be on your best behavior, everyone. We have a very special visitor today," announced Sienna's art teacher, Ms. Lavender, to the class. Seconds later, as if on cue, a man in a suit walked into the classroom. Ms. Lavender smiled nervously at him and welcomed him inside, even though he was already setting his briefcase down on her desk as if he owned the place.

The man looked up from the desk where he had placed his things on and directed his attention to the class. Everyone seemed to quiet down as they stared at him. Sienna felt a strange feeling of familiarity as she observed the man in the suit. Had she seen him before? She highly doubted it. There was just something about him that made her feel like she knew this stranger. She pushed the thought aside when she realized he had already began speaking and she had missed his name.

"What did he say his name was?" Sienna half whispered to the student to her right. The guy just shrugged and looked forward.

Sienna payed close attention to him now as he talked about the school and what good students they were and how they had a reputation to keep up. She rapidly grew bored and stopped listening. Her mind drifted to other topics. Where was Tristan? He had art class with her at this hour. Why wasn't he in class? Was he sick? Had something happened to him? She had hoped to see him today. There were some things she had to discuss with him. She briefly wondered to that night when Mrs. Hale had pulled her into her office to ask about the fire that had happened in Nathan's room. Tristan had caused a scene and Mrs. Hale had her security guards escort him to the nurses' office. If he'd only gone there, then how come she hadn't seen him since then? It was already Wednesday.

Tristan had been missing for two days now. Where had Mrs. Hale's guards really taken him?

"-and that's the importance of good grades and excellent behavior," expressed the man as he addressed the class. "Thank you for your time, I will leave you to continue your class. Pardon my interruption, Ms. Lavender," he said as he adjusted his tie and picked up his brief case. The class applauded and he gave a short nod of acknowledgement.

"Thank you, sir. It's an honor to have you in our classroom," said the teacher in a phony sounding voice. He gave her a half smile and was about to exit the room when he looked back at the class and gazed right at Sienna. His captivating eyes held her attention for what felt like eternity and then he left the room without another word. Sienna had chills running up and down her spine. She glanced at the guy sitting next to her but he was too focused on his desk to notice her stare. Had she been imagining that look the man had given her? Had he stared at anyone else like that in the class? She wasn't sure but what she did know was that she was not going to forget those eyes any time soon.

She knew that pair of eyes.

It was lunch time once again at Oak Wood High and everyone was hungry. Students were let out of their classes and they scrambled to the cafeteria in masses. Teachers straightened up their classrooms and hurried to eat. Meanwhile, Sienna was too busy thinking about the weird man and everything that had been going on in her life for the past few weeks. Things were certainly out of control.

Sienna needed to see Tristan. She wanted to talk to him about the man in class, she wanted to ask him about their escape plan and most importantly she wanted to know that he was okay.

You miss him. Oh no. Sienna knew that voice too well. She had thought they had disappeared. She hadn't heard them in so long. She had started having hope of being on the path towards getting better. This proved the opposite.