Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

"Wandering through starry skies and when tomorrow's day arrives

I'll be a morning closer to the brightest hour here with you" –The Submarines

If who was more in shock was a competition, Sienna, Tristan and Ana would be tied for first place right now.

"So we're just going to let them keep poisoning them until they eventually destroy the place?" Sienna demanded.

"They won't be able to keep doing anything if they don't have the medication," the doctor replied.

"What are you talking about, father?"

"You'll see in the car. Now let's move out, kids." They rushed out of the basement and up to the school hall where things were starting to settle down again. That wasn't good. They needed the chaos to blend in better. The chaos had been a distracting. If they would've worked faster, they would've been out of there by now.

They went in groups. The assistant went ahead with the girls and then Tristan and his father followed after. They went unnoticed through the mostly empty halls. They didn't know where the students had been taken but classes were probably cancelled for the day. The teachers were probably in a meeting somewhere with the staff from the Institute. They were probably receiving instructions right now as to what they should do if they caught anyone wondering the halls at this moment. They had to move fast.

A guard went by and the assistant pulled the girls back behind a row of lockers so they would go unnoticed. Tristan noticed this and stood back with his father as well. The guard seemed to be patrolling the grounds and probably searching for them. When the danger passed, they continued along.

At last they had made it to the parking lot where the vehicle waited. The assistant quickly got into the driver's seat and the doctor follow suit into the passenger seat. Tristan, Sienna and Ana sat in the back. The car turned on and the assistant set into motion. Just as they were approaching the main gate, it began to close.

"What's going on?" the doctor shouted, "Open the door!"

"I'm trying sir, our control isn't working," the assistant said back in panic. "They've realized we're trying to escape," he said looking down at some kind of electronical radar device.

The doctor cursed. They were really running out of time now. How were they going to get out of the school now?

Tristan quickly jumped out of the car and raced to the gate. He picked up a discarded heavy rock and smashed it several times against the small control panel that was attached to the electronic gate. It broke and the lights went off. Tristan quickly pushed the gate open manually. It had worked! The car quickly moved forward and they were out on the open road in a matter of seconds. An alarm sounded in the distance from the school but it was too late. They were free. There was nothing the Institute could do now. The doctor has his son and the boxes that rightfully belonged to him.

"That was close," muttered Tristan.

"Too close. Good thinking back there, son. I forgot the gates could be opened manually if the control panel was broken."

"No problem. Now tell us what you meant before dad when you said they couldn't do anything with the medication" Tristan said.

"I've loaded the medication to our van and I've taken back the documents that have the instructions and the formula on how to prepare it. They can't duplicate it without me," the doctor explained.