Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"And now I need to know is this real love, or is it just madness keeping us afloat?"- Muse

Sienna sat down beside Tristan who was oblivious to her presence. He had his earphones plugged in and he was hunched over reading a book. His tray of food had been finished and pushed away. She cleared her throat and he glanced up in surprise. He quickly composed himself and nodded his head at her casually. She waited for him to pause his music, unplug himself or stop reading but he did neither. She waited to see if he would start a conversation or at least say hi but he didn't. She sighed and began to eat her food.

"Tristan," she said causing him to take an earplug out but not bothering to take his eyes off of the page he was reading.

"What?" he asked coldly.

"I want to talk to you can you stop reading for a second?" she said annoyed.

"No," he replied nonchalantly. She fumed and tried to contain her anger.

"It's rude to ignore someone who's sitting right in front of you," she told him taking a bite out of her salad.

"If it bothers you so much why don't you just go and sit somewhere else then? There are only a hundred empty tables left," he advised sarcastically. She sighed. There he was again with his hot and cold moods. One day he was completely taken with her and the next he wanted nothing to do with her. What was up with him?

"Fine then I'll leave. Bye," she said before picking up her tray and getting up. Just as she was about to walk away, Tristan's hand unexpectedly shot out and held her arm. She tried to shake it off and move away but his grip was unbreakable. He took both his earphones out and closed the book.

"Look I'm sorry I'm just not in a good mood right now but I don't want to be alone, please stay? I promise I'll try to be nice," he pleaded and just like that she sat back down. She couldn't refuse him even if she wanted to teach him a lesson. Besides his vulnerability attracted her to him. He was always so rough around the edges and when he showed a bit of anything other than hostility, her mind swooned on the inside.

"Alright," she agreed and got back to enjoying her food.

"So what have you been up to?" he asked out of the blue trying to make conversation.

"This and that," she said not wanting to go into detail about the writing on her wall or her plan with Scarlett. First she needed to question him and be sure he wasn't the stalker himself before she revealed anything to him. How she was going to do that discreetly she had no idea. She remembered Scar's advice about trying to seduce Tristan to get information out of him. Sienna shuddered at that idea. First of all she didn't know how to be sexy or flirtatious, secondly she was shy and thirdly she didn't want to manipulate him that way.

"Wow that sounds really specific," he joked putting his folded arms on the table. She watched in wonder as his muscles flexed as he did so. She didn't know what was more entrancing his muscles or his bright eyes. They were so alive, it was like they had a life of their own. His eyes usually betrayed him. It was the one part of him that he couldn't control. If people watched his eyes closely they'd know all of this secrets and he'd be considered an open book. But that was the thing with people, nobody looked close enough to see the bare details.

"What about you?" she asked back.

"Oh you know things and stuff," he replied vaguely with a smirk.

"Ok I get it. Anyway so where's your locker? It must be far since you're always late to class," she said, trying her hand at subtlety.

"On the first floor by the science lab," he told her. She wanted to know what number and letter his locker was exactly but decided that would sound weird and stalker-ish.