Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

"Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel." 

The air was charged with tension. Tristan tried his best not to show any emotion on his face. Parry took a step forward. He smirked and gazed directly into Tristan's eyes. Tristan could see the crazy behind them.

"What a coincidence finding you here, mate," Parry finally spoke, though his expression said it was anything but a coincidence. This room was of limits to all students. Barely anyone knew about it. Everyone was supposed to be at the gym getting the vaccination. This situation had all the characteristics of a plan. "I'm surprised you're not with Sienna," Parry continued.

Tristan's inhaled sharply at the mention of her name. They were wasting time. What if she had already been injected? He was rushing the plan for her sake but what if it was too late?

"It's hard to catch you both apart. However, that won't be a problem any longer." Parry threatened.

"What are you talking about?" Tristan finally questioned.

"Well it's obvious there's only room for one guy in Sienna's heart and I can't compete with you forever so that only leaves me with one option. I really didn't want it to come to this but you leave me no choice. I want you to know it's nothing personal. I tried to break you apart the nicer way but nothing seems to work," Parry explained as he paced around the room. He was blocking the door on purpose, Tristan realized. "Now, let's get this over with."

Parry walked closer and closer until he was almost face to face with Tristan. Tristan was about to push him away when Parry pulled out a knife. The sharp edge of the weapon gleamed as it caught the light.

Tristan didn't have time to reason with him. Parry swung the knife right at his neck. Thankfully, Tristan was faster and was out of the way before it made contact with his skin. Parry tried again aiming for his chest this time but failed. Tristan was quicker and more skilled in physical combat. Years of attending public school had taught him that much. Tristan surveyed the room in a flash to see if he could spot anything to use against Parry. Tristan was good at fights but Parry had a knife to his advantage. Tristan couldn't hold him off forever. There was only so much he could do in a situation like this.

Tristan took a few steps back and stumbled into a steel desk. That was when a stapler caught his attention. Now that was something he could use. He grabbed it in an instant and flung it directly at Parry. It hit him on his right shoulder. The red head wasn't expecting that and so naturally it distracted him momentarily. That gave Tristan enough time to think of how to get out of this situation.

Tristan then went around the desk and grabbed the chair behind it. He raised it up and flung it straight at Parry. He was able to move out of the way before it impacted him. That bought Tristan enough time to run to the door and make an escape but then how would he activate the alarm? Sienna and all the students were depending on him. Not to mention without the alarm, his father's plan wouldn't work and they'd probably get discovered.

He realized with dread that the control panel was behind Parry now. He had to figure out a way to get to the controls and press the alarm without getting killed by Parry. And he had to do it fast. They were running out of time.

'How can I get Parry on this side of the room?' he thought to himself.

Parry was recuperating from the chair incident and was coming for Tristan with an annoyed expression on his face. It looked like things weren't going exactly according to his plan.