XXV

*Lincoln's Pov*

After hours of soothing words to Basel he finally calmed down, still shaking but not as much.

"You want to go lay down?"

I felt his head move against me.

I picked him up in my arms bridal style and he automatically wrapped his arms around my neck for extra support.

Once I had him placed on the bed he got comfortable as I went to go back to the living room he whined. 

I rushed over to his side.

"Shh, I won't leave."

I got in bedside him instead, pulling the covers over us both.

He instantly curled into me. I knew he was going to be fragile but my heart still ached from not knowing what to do.

Why had Cainis come here just looking for a fight?

Last time I checked he was out with Keller and the twins. Did something go wrong between them two?

The questions kept playing around in my head. I felt something was coming and it wasn't going to be good.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, don't send me back."

He thought this was all because of him?

"You are never going back, ever, not if I'm alive."

"Lincoln?"

I wonder if I would ever get used to how he said my name, so soft and angelic.

"Yeah."

"Can you kiss me?"

He didn't he need to ask.

I bent my head down kissing his lips lightly but he had other plans. He grabbed the back of my head to keep me in place and devoured my mouth, I had not a single complaint. I bit his bottom lip making him whimper for a whole other reason.

Goddess he smelt so good that I just wanted to take him and mark him as mine. I wanted to consume everything about his body.

The kiss became too fierce when I felt his hands traveling down my chest. Thankfully I had enough will power to pull off him.

"We should sleep now, we're both tired."

A nap sounded good.

"Oh okay."

He uncorked himself from me and turned on his side.

"What are you doing, I want to hold you."

"I'm not forcing you to hold me besides you made it clear you don't want me."

I hadn't thought what I did would lead him to believe such a thing but it did. Deciding I'd show him rather than speak I scooted close to his back, my erection evident. I pushed it on him hard but slowly, leaning down I whispered for his ears alone.

"Don't think for a second I'm not thinking about bending you over and having my fun with you but that would make me no better than the people you ran from. I just want to hold you while we sleep. I plan to show you around tomorrow so you're not cooping yourself inside."

I was happy when he accepted my touch again.

"You're better than they are Lincoln..I do want sleep."

He closed his eyes, nervously pacing back and forth.

"What if they hate me?"

"With how cute you are? They couldn't, now let's get to sleep."

I'd spent the last couple minutes convincing him to leave the house.

Today was about getting Basel out and exploring, of course with me by his side the whole time. I found his dependency on me stunning, it felt amazing to feel truly needed by someone, especially my mate.

I still didn't know a lot of his past but we had time. Today I just wanted a fun time touring, maybe later on we can cuddle on the couch for a movie night.

"Basel, will you tell me more of your old pack?"

"Can I wait a little longer?"

I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Take all the time you need my love."
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
                                        ♡